Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:49:19 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 Clock puzzle (Nothing happens!)  (Read 24983 times)
hfred123
little robot

« on: October 27, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »

I am getting increasingly frustrated with this game. I have now set the clock to ~ and VII several times, but nothing happens. I have looked at walkthroughs and youtube videos and I have put the clock to EXACTLY the same time. I have done the electrify the cat puzzle, and I have given the wheelchair guy his oil. I have also acquired 2 of the red screws under the manhole. The lady on the bench will however not move. I have tried reloading several times, but she won't move. The clock is set to ~ and VII.

Anyone know if I am missing anything or if this is a known bug? I have helped all the musicians. On youtube, I saw a comment stating he had the same problem as me, but other than that I can't find anyone else. This is on PS3.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:38:02 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:41 pm »

Personally, every time I play through the clock puzzle I have to take out a piece of paper and jot down the symbols I'm shown.  Also, I find that if I blow any of "the rounds" of cranking the clock forward symbol by symbol I have to start over.  But that's just me, and I haven't played the game on PlayStation...

Anyway, we have all the walkthrough images saved here on the forum, and the one you want to study is this one.

Quote from: hfred123
...I saw a comment stating he had the same problem as me, but other than that I can't find anyone else.

It might help if we could review that video (maybe even add our own commentary to help future players).  Any chance you kept the link?

hfred123
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:51:11 pm »

Thanks for the reply, but I know what the solution is, it just dosen't make the lady move.

Here is the video I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HePHh-0fLE

Only one comment, and he is in the same situation as me. I have set the clock to the same time you see in your linked image as well as the one in this walkthrough (~ inner circle and VII outer circle.) The problem is that the lady just sits on the bench after this, and there are no bells. I don't have a save from before this error occured, and if this is a game breaking bug I feel I have wasted my money buying your game as I don't want to start over.
hfred123
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 08:00:38 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/lxsA4.jpg

Pardon the low quality of the picture, but you can see that I have put the correct time on the clock, and that the lady is still sitting on the bench.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:49:26 pm »

Thanks for adding the image.  ( It must be fun to play Machinarium on a big screen like that! :~>  )
Thanks also for the YouTube link.  Though it was recorded (Jun 19, 2011) pre-PS release (probably Windows version) the posted complaint came Oct 21, 2012 so there's mounting evidence that the clock tower level might be buggy.  ( we also recently had a complaint about the crank handle disappearing )

I got a reply from support about that problem and was told that the info about that glitch had been forwarded to their PS3 programmer.  But I think it would be a good idea for you add your own experience at the Clock Tower level as well.  Please send the details of your set up: stuff like it being (i'm guessing) the European PS version, what specific PlayStation model you're using, and anything else you think might make a difference in the playability of the game...  monitor perhaps? to this link.

Thanks and Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:54:01 pm by Alex » Logged
hfred123
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:58:28 pm »

Alright, thanks for the quick response.

I sent a support ticket. Afterwards, I tried starting a new game and reaching this point again, but the same problem occured. I then deleted Machinarium and re downloaded it, and the problem occured once more.

Hope you can fix this asap as I think the game is pretty cool and would like to play the rest!
red_shroom
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »

Are you sure you can release the clock crank handle properly? An old way discalibrated analog stick might not always 'fully release' for example... I've played through that part recently and the lady action triggers on my PlayStation 3 copy, no problem here.
PigJiggin
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 06:39:06 am »

Also having this same problem. I've restarted the game twice now and tried all symbols on the slip of paper (~, the two triangles touching tips, and the o) at VII, in clockwise and counter-clockwise with nothing happening. Nothing happens when I try the symbol for the guy it the hat either. I really don't want to delete it and try it again because I'm so frustrated right now I might not re-download it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: