Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:31:17 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S2 compatiblity [Not!]  (Read 29140 times)
Steen3d
little rusty robot

« on: November 09, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »

I just got the Humble Bundle for Android 4. I just wanted find out if Machinarium is compatible (because it feels kinda broken on my phone).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:48:51 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:26:16 pm »

Quote from: Steen3d

...it feels kinda broken on my phone.

Please be more specific.  What exactly do you feel is "broken" and what kind of phone are you playing on?

dUH!  you already stated in your Subject that it's a Samsung Galaxy S2.  Roll Eyes ~A 

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:05:04 am by Alex » Logged
Samshel
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:35:52 am »

Screen resolution doesn't match. It gets cut on the right. I attached a screenshot of gameplay, can't get past the very beginning because of this Sad

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:37:28 am »

Thanks for the screenshot, Samshel.

Too bad the Humble Bundle site doesn't specifically state screen resolution requirements for ANY of the Machinarium versions they're offering you, because the trouble you and Steen3d are having is because the Samsung Galaxy S2 has a screen resolution of only 480 x 800 pixels and Machinarium requires a much higher rez to be viewed correctly. 

But there may still be a fix you could try: I would suggest that you select the "Menu" option and try to decrease the games' Window Size to 80% from there.

Bob Roberts
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 02:28:10 pm »

I just purchase Machinarium via Humble Bundle for Android 4, only to find it doesn't run on a Galaxy S.
Very dissapointed. It was listed as compatible on the site, but it doesn't have the screen resolution needed.

Neither does it have an option in the menu to change resolution.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 08:48:11 pm »

Quote from: Bob Roberts

...Neither does it have an option in the menu to change resolution.

Thanks for your input, Bob Roberts!say "Hi" to Sue Sarandon for me ;~)

I was hoping there might be a chance to tweak the Window size enough on Galaxy S2s to be able to fudge through the game.  But, alas, no.

I've written to Humble Bundle and suggested that they specify that the required screen resolution for Smart Phones is 1280x720

Hopefully you Galaxy S2 players will still be able to enjoy the game on your home computers.
~A 

zdanee
little robot

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 10:16:33 pm »

I have the same problem with Sony MT27i (Android 4.0.4 and 480x854 screen). Since qHD and even FWVGA is still a common resolution, can we expect a lower resolution alternative in the future? If not, some way to scroll the screen would be good, like a scrollbar, two finger scroll or simply double tap on either side of the screen.
I also bought Machinarium in Humble Android Bundle 4 and even thou I do not regret it after finding out Machinarium does not work well on my phone, I'm still disappointed as this game was the main reason for me to buy the bundle.
erzet
little robot

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 10:35:25 pm »

Hello, I have the same issue on my Tablet: Odys extreme. (Humble Bundle) What a pity.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »

Quote from: erzet
I have the same issue on my Tablet: Odys extreme. (Humble Bundle) What a pity.

Indeed.  A quick search tells me that your Odys xtreme probably has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels yet the minimum resolution required to enjoy Machinaricum on an Android tablet is 1280x720.  Unless you can figure out a way to reduce the Window Size to 80% via the Menu option you're S.O.L. 

The call has gone out to ask Humble Bundle to be more specific about what Android devices will be able to display Machinarium so that future Android enthusiasts won't hit this same wall.  Meanwhile I hope you, erzet, have a "stay at home system" that you will be able to enjoy the game on.

erzet
little robot

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »

Oh thanks for the reply. The resolution is 800×600 and therefor I get the identical screenshot postet by AlexSamshel.
For PC I bought Machinarium years before and now looked forward to replaying it mobile.
Is it a wish too big for a virtual-desktop-app? Probably - how should desktop-scrolls be seperated from app-internal scrolls?
So there are still small hopes for a fix by Amanita.
(With Menu option You mean inside Machinarium - not the general Android-menu-option I guess.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:24:55 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:46 pm »

Quote from: erzet
(With Menu option You mean inside Machinarium - not the general Android-menu-option I guess.)

Yes, I do mean "inside" Machinarium.  On the desktop versions of the game one is able to select an 80% Windowed mode.  I thought, perhaps, the same option was available to smartphone users.  But no.  :~/

adamtmurphy
little rusty robot

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:46 pm »

Hey, just wanted to add another voice - I also have a woefully small screen (Galaxy S - 800x480) - would love to be able to play Machinarium.  Pan/zoom function or 90% thing people have been talking about make sense to me.  Hope you can implement it at some point.

cheers!
taiwanPush
little robot

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 09:44:39 am »

Hello,

First this game is very good, funny and good designed !
I have a Galaxy S Anycall and I can launch the game and play it (sometimes there are very heavy lags so I must restarted the game...)
My resolution screen is too bad so I can't see the entire design of the game. I have been stuck few times because I can't reach the objects (out of screen)..., see bellow some solutions :

- Download an Forcing resolution screen on Google Play (doesn't work for me, even the screen is resized the game still same resolution)
- Download an Forcing rotate screen on Google Play (works for me, to get out of the lift for exemple)

But now I am playing the little game like PAC MAN but even the screen is rotated I can't reach the exit Sad

Nobody told me that the game included hardware puzzle Smiley

See you

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »

But now I am playing the little game like PAC MAN but even the screen is rotated I can't reach the exit :(

There is no exit...although it looks like there is a way out, there isn't. The goal here is to find a key to unlock the room which contains the little gun, then use that gun to shoot all the bad guys; once you've shot all thirty-five or so bad guys, you can move on to the next puzzle.
taiwanPush
little robot

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:02:52 pm »

LOL. Yes ! I have seen the key but can't reach it because my screen is not enought big... That's why I didn't know what I have to do Smiley
So now I think I can't go futher

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: