Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:28 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash after logo [WinXP]  (Read 14029 times)
jusk
little robot

« on: November 14, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »

I really don't know what to do with this.
Whenever I press "Machinarium" logo or the right mouse button it just crashes to desktop.
I've already tried re-installing Flash and Shockwave players...same crash happens.
Really looking for possible solutions.
P.S. Does anyone know how to change resolution/window mode  without entering the game options?...I got a hunch.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:10:30 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:00:55 am »

Okay, you mentioned a "right mouse button" which means you're not running on a Mac, Tablet, or Android device.  Which leaves PC or Linux.

Which is it?

We also need to know which version of the game you're playing, Humble Bundle, Mamba disk, etc.

Does anyone know how to change resolution/window mode  without entering the game options?...I got a hunch.

Check out this thread: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=499.msg2432#msg2432
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:37:21 am by Lamkin » Logged
jusk
little robot

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:05:57 pm »

I'm using Windows XP and I bought Humble Bundle from which I got a key for Steam.
Thanks for the link, really useful program, but I'm more interested in launching it in windowed mode....though I'm totally not sure that it will work.
I'll try downloading the the HB non steam version and see how it runs...will be back with insights.

Well, it's completely the same. =[
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:18:39 pm by jusk » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »

You might try re-downloading the program.  (we've seen corrupted downloads several times before)

Quote from: jusk
...interested in launching it in windowed mode

Why would you want to play in windowed mode?gotADHD?;~)  Huh

jusk
little robot

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:19:20 pm »

Reinstalling didn't help so as validating content and downloading a non-steam release.
A windowed mode might help because I have a hunch that Flash Hardware acceleration might have something to do with this - less pixels to render = less crashing the game. Might be completely wrong, but it's my last straw...
jusk
little robot

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »

OK, Update.
I've investigated and came to realizing that the problem is in adobe's Flash player.
I will come back describing how this needs to be fixed.
jusk
little robot

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 01:11:50 pm »

I gave up...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: