Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:06:03 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium too slow (unplayable) on Samsung Nexus 10 [SOLVED]  (Read 19186 times)
SuperChunk
little robot

« on: November 30, 2012, 08:16:00 am »

Hi

Recently received my first tablet, a Nexus 10, and excitedly started installing the Humble Bundle games that I had purchased in advance. Unfortunately, Machinarium I'd running so slow it I'd downright unplayable.

I did a quick search online and found a YouTube video that shows the problem I'm having:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tixR3wrTkcQ

Please, any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

PS: I'm using the HD version.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:46:28 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:29 pm »

The solution to your problem is mentioned right there in the comments about the video you referenced:
"fixed it by setting 'Force 4x MSAA' on. This option can be found under Developer options."

I'm sorry that I can't help you to understand how to do that.  But I'm sure you will be able to find out how to "Force 4xMSAA" using the GOOGLE machine.   Grin

CalmDownMonkey
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:10 pm »

Did you make any progress with this? Did you find the developer options?

I'm having the same issue, but can't find them  Grin
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:11:16 am »

GOOGLE query: "Android developer options" + "Force 4x MSAA"

Yields: "How to enable developer options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean"

Link: http://www.jayceooi.com/2012/11/14/how-to-enable-developer-options-on-android-4-2-jelly-bean/

Quote: "The most interesting stuff in developer options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ~ Force 4x MSAA (Enable 4x MSAA in OpenGL ES 2.0 apps). Too bad that Nexus 7 can’t support it. Oh well…"

CalmDownMonkey
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:18 pm »

I never realised we were talking about Android developer options here, I thought it was something in Machinarium. I'd been centring my Google searches around this fact.

Cheers
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:31:12 am »

I hope that means that you fixed your slow performance.  Sorry for any confusion I might have sown.  When I read "fixed it by setting 'Force 4x MSAA'..." it might as well have read: "fixed it by transgressing the Oobootoo user option and recompiling the entire junk box using Poo++" ! Grin

In other words, I don't do "Android".  ( still a rusty robot at heart ) ~A

SuperChunk
little robot

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »

So sorry everybody for the late reply. I forgot to request notifications for the thread and hadn't seen any of the replies until just now.

I followed Alex's suggestions and it works great now. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: