Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:32 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Children versions of the games?  (Read 6428 times)
GavinH
little rusty robot

« on: December 07, 2012, 03:57:14 pm »

My 6 year old loves both Machinarium and Botanicula.  He enjoys exploring new areas and showing anyone in the house his latest achievements.  The problem is that they're both far too complicated for him to solve by himself.  Every 10-15 minutes, I'm called over to help him past the 'next bit'.

It would be great if there was an option at the start of the game for a 'child' mode, where there are lots of hints, easier puzzles and dumbed down interface(ie single clicks instead of having to click, hold and move, etc), so that even if the child can't work out what to do next, an adult can quickly solve the puzzle, even if they have never played the game and keep the game moving.

An example would be having to score 1000 points on space invaders at the arcade in Machinarium.  In child mode it could be the first time they play, it's 1000 points, second:  500, third: 250, forth: 100, fifth: 0.

Your games are beautiful and should be enjoyed by young and old alike.  With the recent release of several kids android tablets(nabi 2), I hope you look at this market sector.
nullrouter
little robot

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:33:19 am »

My daughter is 6 years old and gets stuck as well. However, she discovered the help guide the developers left that give the solutions. She studies the drawings and solves the puzzles from there. Sure there are still things she needs my help on, like getting the gun from the safe in order to stick thee plunger in it. But I've found for some of the more challenging puzzles, I just have her keep at it and she eventually solves. I know this won't be the case for the entire game. But yes a mode for children would be wonderful!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: