Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:42:27 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing Machinarium on Nook (Color and Tablet) often freezes! [SOLVED]  (Read 10131 times)
QBall
little robot

« on: December 17, 2012, 08:02:24 am »

I own a Nook Tablet and I bought Machinarium through Barnes and Noble. I have played it through and went on to write a 'Customer Review' (all good stuff about the game but with a couple of hints to help others with the constant freeze-ups [about saving their game often]) on B&N's 'View Details' - 'Customer Reviews' section.

I don't know if this is a problem with all Nooks (Color and Tablet, and maybe even the newer HD's?) or if it's something with the code in which the game was created with? My Nook Tablet doesn't have a lot in the way of options on setting screen resolutions, or whatever and I'm sure the Nook Color's are the same way. I know that Nook uses Android 2.3 OS (Operating System); Nook Tablet 4Gb with a mini-SDK 32GB (Android 2.3 OS Build MODEL (8 Gb Model): BNTV250A)). Here's a link to all the technical specs for Nook Tablet (8Gb & 16Gb): https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com/product/nook-tablet-specs.html, just in case that helps any?  Wink

I plan on passing any info on through the 'Customer Reviews' that I get here to help other game players.

Thanks for any and all help,
QBall
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:23:12 am by QBall » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:41:15 pm »

Quote from: QBall
Build MODEL (8 Gb Model)... Here's a link to all the technical specs for Nook Tablet (8Gb & 16Gb): https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com/product/nook-tablet-specs.html, just in case that helps any?

Yep, there's your problem: "RAM (8Gb Tablet Model) = 512Mb"

A comment left on the Barnes & Noble Machinarium page states:  "Archived some apps and now no longer experiencing freezing. Suspect i was pushing my memory limit on nook color."

We've read "memory issue" reports from iPAD players as well.  ( this game is BIG and runs best when given ALL the system resources available on a hand-held device )  Try closing all other running apps when you play Machinarium on your nook and that should end your freezes.

QBall
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:22:47 am »

Quote from: QBall
Build MODEL (8 Gb Model)... Here's a link to all the technical specs for Nook Tablet (8Gb & 16Gb): https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com/product/nook-tablet-specs.html, just in case that helps any?

Yep, there's your problem: "RAM (8Gb Tablet Model) = 512Mb"

A comment left on the Barnes & Noble Machinarium page states:  "Archived some apps and now no longer experiencing freezing. Suspect i was pushing my memory limit on nook color."

We've read "memory issue" reports from iPAD players as well.  ( this game is BIG and runs best when given ALL the system resources available on a hand-held device )  Try closing all other running apps when you play Machinarium on your nook and that should end your freezes.

COOL!  Thank you!  I will pass this on through the 'Customer Reviews' on the game.

Thanks again,
QBall
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: