Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:00:24 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Problem with Mac 10.6.8. version 1.1 of Botanicula  (Read 20303 times)
nanosky3d@yahoo.es
citizen robot

« on: January 07, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »

Hi!,

I´m trying to open the last Botanicula version 1,1 in my Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.8. and when I doing double click nothing happens.
Any suggest?, thanks for your games.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:17:53 pm »

Try deleting and then redownloading and then reinstalling the game.
nanosky3d@yahoo.es
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:35:43 am »

Hi!,
I re-re-downloading the game and re re installing it but happens the same, ¿another idea?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:05:12 pm »

...when I doing double click nothing happens.

Nothing happens? Does the game icon keep bouncing in the Dock after you double-click on it? Does the game crash?

If the icon bounces and then either disappears or sits there, it could be that Apple's Archive Utility is to blame somehow when it opens the botanicula.zip file. So, you could download StuffIt Expander for free: http://www.stuffit.com/mac-expander-download.html and use it to open the zip file instead of Archive Utility. Of course, you'll have to download the zip file again if you didn't keep it.
StuffIt's site will initially ask you for an e-mail address so you can "be added to their e-mail list," but you can give them a made-up e-mail address to get to the next step to actually download the application. Then use StuffIt Expander to open the botanicula.zip file...easiest way is to Control-click on the botanicula.zip file and choose Open With and choose StuffIt Expander. (The last step, of course, is to double-click on the Botanicula.app that was decompressed from the zip file. Hopefully, it'll work this time.)

If that doesn't work, I see that stooovie had a similar problem and was able to solve it: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=3786.msg11115#msg11115
Though his solution seems a bit overly technical (for me, that is), but I dunno; it worked though.

Also, another permissions solution that's not as technical: If you Control-click on the Botanicula.app and choose Get info, at the bottom it'll say Sharing & Permissions. Assuming you are the administrator of the computer, is your name listed there at the bottom? If not, and you are the administrator, try adding it. Choose Read & Write.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:33:01 am by Lamkin » Logged
nanosky3d@yahoo.es
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:24 am »

Thanks,

I´ll try with the second option, the icon doesn´t bounce or anything when I do double click.
nanosky3d@yahoo.es
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

Thanks, but the Stoovie solution doesn´t work to me.  Huh
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:41:45 pm »

Hrm. How about the other two Lamkin solutions? (Not holding out much hope there, but it's still worth a shot, I guess.) =)

And where did you buy the game?
nanosky3d@yahoo.es
citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »

Hi! Don´t worry about it,  I play it in a PC with WIndows and it´s a wonderful game, I suppose it´s something strangle with my Mac...
nanosky3d@yahoo.es
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »

Ah! And i bought the game via Humble Bundle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: