Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:45 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed up! Feel duped! [SOLVED]  (Read 13246 times)
cypher000
little robot

« on: April 11, 2013, 06:28:02 pm »

Ok, I bought a download of Machinarium and felt good being legal and all that. Enjoyed playing the game and saved every level as I completed it. No problem! Got to the ARCADE and saved it until I could get back again. Came back two days later hopping to actually finish the game and guess what? No saved games anywhere. All I got was the opportunity to start a new game. Now thats not on! I feel quite angry about this. I actually (how stupid can you get?) did start a new game and guess what? Every time I saved it, it disappeared. I have not been able to save one section, so in fact my 'paid for game' is useless to me. I honestly feel ripped off and worse, there is no one to whom I can complain. Walt.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:46:12 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:42:15 pm »

Quote from: Walt
...I honestly feel ripped off and worse, there is no one to whom I can complain.

We're sorry to read of your frustration, Walt!

But, actually, there IS someone to whom you can complain.  And you ARE.  (and we're listening)  Grin
Now help us to help YOU!

So far you've been all over the map.  (that's okay but it makes it hard to assist you)
First you told us that you were having trouble installing the game on your "10inch screen Q-Media Android. 2.3 tablet".  Then you told us that you bought the game but "the little manual is in Russian".  (so that tells us that you went from your Android to your desktop computer with a CD copy of the game) And now you tell us that you "bought a download".

Wow!  That's a level of commitment to Machinarium that warrants our full attention!

So let's see if we can help you out.  For starters we don't know the kind of computer you're using (Mac or Windows).  Tell us that much and we'll guide you from there.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:46:11 pm by Alex » Logged
cypher000
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:40:56 pm »

Hi Alex. Phew! That was a pleasant surprise. I really do want to be helped. Okay I have roamed around with various attempts at Machinarium, but am so relieved to have bought the legal download. I have been successfully playing the game (got to the 'ARCADE' didn't I?)on my Dell PC which is running Win XP Pro. That was what made it so hard to swallow, losing all my saved games like that, because all the specs were right for Machinarium. I have Adobe Flash installed, otherwise I could not have played it at all.
I really do hope that you can help me get my saved games back, or at least stop them disappearing if I start the game all over. Thanks for coming in and putting the smile back on my face. Walt
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:37:06 am »

Okay Walt, try this ( you may want to get some paper and a pencil so you can take notes )

• Start Machinarium
  • Now, anywhere on that opening screen (where you see the city in the background) right click your mouse

You'll see something like this: 

• In that Flash Player settings menu click on the icon of the green arrow entering the yellow folder and make sure that the setting for Local Storage is 100KB at the very least
  • Once that's done click "close" and give it a whirl.

Your progress should be saved from now on.

Also ~ and this is just for you, my friend ~ if you'd like to start again from the "Arcade" level, what you need to do is type the word "rebol" while you're on the main screen of Machinarium (again, that's the one with the city in the background).

You won't see those letters appear anywhere but what'll happen is that you'll see a bunch of numbers appear across the bottom of the screen.

Click on number 13.  (that will take you directly to the "Arcade" level)

Then, once you're there, type "rebol" again... this will turn off the "secret hyper-level jumper gizmo" and you can proceed to solve the Arcade level at your own pace.

(just don't forget to save often as you progress through the game!)    Grin

cypher000
little robot

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:12:00 am »

Alex. You are a genius. Many many thanks for everything you have done. I am now back into my game at the level I left off and am so very pleased. There was help and there was someone who cared. I have not been duped, but rather, educated. At eighty years of age I ought to have known better. Thank you once again. Regards Walt.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »

Quote from: Walt
I am now back into my game at the level I left off and am so very pleased.

Excellent news!

Please don't hesitate to post a follow up if the solution I suggested does NOT result in your saved games slots remaining there for you. 

Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: