Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:47:57 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium best on PC or iPad2?  (Read 10735 times)
skilgannon81
little robot

« on: July 15, 2013, 03:33:38 pm »

Hi all, I've heard wonderful things about this game and can't wait to try it. I generally prefer using my iPad2 for games because of the convenience and portability but I don't want to lose any of the experience.

Can anyone tell me how the PC and iPad version compare? Comments much appreciated!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 08:35:11 pm »

I've played both versions and I think that the PC version plays a little bit better as (a) it's easier to tell when an object can be interacted with on the PC version because the mouse pointer changes into a little hand, and (b) when dragging objects out of the inventory, the object will light up slightly and get a tiny bit brighter when dragged near something on the screen that it can interact with. [Edit: iPad version now does this too.] So the iPad version may prove to be just a touch more challenging when trying to solve a given puzzle...but aside from that, the iPad version plays very, very well, and I don't think you would lose any of the experience.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:03:31 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:18:44 pm »

@Lamkin, I've never played Machinarium on an iPAD.  Is it true that there's no chance of losing your saved games?

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »

Interesting question, Alex ('cause it's such an issue with the PC, right)...I don't know, really. I never have lost my saved games, though.
skilgannon81
little robot

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:29 am »

@Lamkin, thanks mate. I might give the PC version a go since the review I read said Machinarium is punishingly hard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: