Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:20:33 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game locks up  (Read 8862 times)
Savage223
little rusty robot

« on: October 19, 2009, 06:46:18 am »

Everyone hates to hear this complaint, but I can't seem to get the game to run long enough to solve the dog/umbrella/magnet "quest".  The game locks up, soundtrack remains, and the only way I can get out is to CTRL/ALT/DEL my way out, ending the game.

I know this is a Flash based game, so I did confirm the latest version is installed, which it is.

I paused all antivirus (avast) agents, quit every process that I knew was not needed, (java update, quicktime...always hate these stupid update checkers, and more.)

So...what's the deal?  Anyone have a suggestion where to start to look for Flash complicators?? 

WinXP SP3+ all security patches
Intel Core2 2.13
4 gig RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX
ivi
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:50:27 am »

Did you disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player? Click on the ABOUT inside the game menu, if you don't know how. It's supposed to help.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:14:23 pm »

When does the lockup exactly occur? After you do something precise? Pressing a button, walking to this zone etc...

You don't need to install Flash in order to play the game, it's all prepackaged in the executable. Try ivi's suggestion, but I found that in my case it was better to enable it. I don't think this has anything to do with it but did you overclock your hardware?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: