Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:22 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So... The wrench? :-) [SOLVED]  (Read 9688 times)
Notawiz
little robot

« on: February 12, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »

I'm sorry, I do realize this has been a topic before. But I just cannot find a straight, simple answer:

I'm playing Machinarium on my iPad Air, latest iOS. Is there supposed to be a wrench hidden in the guidebook, down in the sewer? Or is the puzzle different than the one in the PC version?

I got stuck at that point, then I watched the PC walkthrough video: Oh, several pages? Oh, and a wrench? Let me go and try... No. Not there. I've been tapping on every spot of the book. Nothing.

So please, tell me. :-)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:03:29 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

Quote from: Notawiz
I'm playing Machinarium on my iPad Air, latest iOS. Is there supposed to be a wrench hidden in the guidebook, down in the sewer? ...is the puzzle different than the one in the PC version?

Yes (as far as I know) there's a wrench in the guidebook and yes (as far as I know) the puzzle is the same on iPAD as on the PC/Mac/Linux platforms. 

Are you running the most recent version of the game on your iDevice?

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »

The puzzle is exactly the same as the one in the PC version...one wrench already on the pipes, one wrench at the end of that book with the blueprints, and one wrench in the drain.

Well, I just played through that part again now on my iPad 4. Upon entering the sewer, I went directly to the book and I did see that the pages weren't turning the way they should; touching a page would just close the book. Huh. So I grabbed the other wrench off the pipes and came back to the book, and then it worked okay for the most part, but it was still a bit random. Not sure what would be causing that, but my advice if that's happening is to leave the book, do something else (like grab one of the other wrenches or walk around a little) and then walk back to it and try again.
Notawiz
little robot

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:32:42 pm »

Oh my, thanks a lot! That did it. :-)

I had tried to page the book at least ten times... And I'm pretty sure I did it a couple of times while still carrying the other wrenches. Well, can't be totally certain...

Now for the pipes, then. :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: