Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:17 am

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed all the blue crystals, now I'm stuck  (Read 79902 times)
Noelski
little robot

« on: May 06, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

I have found 8 blue crystals and fed them all to the eye creature, who now has 8 open eyes, but does not release the star ring. Is there something else to do? I am stuck here. Love the game and really want to finish! I am playing on iPad mini iOS 7.1.1

Moderator comment: I took the liberty of uploading your image to a file sharing site as this forum has limited storage space for attachments. ~Lamkin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:52:27 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:39 pm »

Did you tap the star ring? Nah, that's not it...it should just come down on its own. If you haven't left the area and then come back since feeding it that last crystal, you might try closing the app and then launching it again, as you should be able to feed that last crystal to the creature again. Hopefully might work then.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:55:39 am by Lamkin » Logged
Noelski
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:51:08 am »

Closed the app and reopened and nothing happens. Aaarrrgh. Is there a way to restart this game? I assume I have to uninstall it somehow, I don't even know how to do that. Is this the first time you've encountered this bug?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 04:19:14 am »

Well, you don't have to restart the entire game. Tap on the star in the upper left-hand corner, then tap on the little nest icon with the arrow:

Choose the second-to-last rightmost screen from the ones at the bottom there—Part 8:

Tap the middle of the screen and then tap the checkmark to load the save. However, the same thing *might* happen again, so...I would recommend that you delete the game, then redownload it and reinstall it. But your saves will be gone, of course, so you'd have to play over from the beginning.

Yes, this is the first time I've heard anyone mention this bug. :(

To uninstall the game:
1. Exit the game and find its icon on your iPad's Home screen.

2. Hold your finger on the icon until the icons on your Home screen begin to shake or wiggle:

3. Touch the "X" in the upper left-hand corner of the icon.

4. When prompted, touch 'Delete'.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:04:08 am by Lamkin » Logged
Noelski
little robot

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:54:53 am »

Thanks for all your kind suggestions. I was able to restart this entire level and replayed thru to the end, but now I am in the dark area with all the red monsters. After leaving the game and returning I am unable to move anywhere, all my directional arrows are gone. I defeated the room with the stingrays and the snakes. What is going on? Do I have to restart this level as well? Yikes!
Noelski
little robot

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 06:59:09 am »

I just read your post to another gamer about saving at this point. Did not know that was an option. This game is beautiful but very frustrating for all these bugs. Hope your developers work on these issues before the next release. In the meantime, I'm grateful for the support. Thanks again!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 07:05:14 am »

Ack. Yeah, you've run into another bug, unfortunately.
http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=4714
Basically, closing the app when in this area and then launching the game again will cause that to happen.
I've already notified the developers about this one.

You're quite welcome. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:44:45 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Noelski
little robot

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:11:40 am »

Aw, finally finished. So lovely, now on to beat that nasty bolts & nuts game in Machinarium. Thanks again for being here!
mbirajm
little robot

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 06:24:17 am »

I have run into this problem too - I don' want to start this section again...
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 05:00:07 pm »

Yeah, restarting that section would be frustrating. :(
I'll notify Amanita Design about the issue. (Only problem is that I have no clue how to reproduce this bug.)
[Edit: Got an e-mail response from Amanita today—May 11th—saying that the issue will be fixed in the next update.]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:29:13 pm by Lamkin » Logged
mbirajm
little robot

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:43 pm »

Yay - thank you for being so quick.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 01:42:17 am »

Botanicula for iPad has been updated today to v1.0.3., and this issue has been fixed.
Yanez
little robot

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 01:10:34 am »

Hello,
I still have the problem mentioned in the title of this topic, I am stuck with the star element.
Any input/suggestion would be very welcome, I can't wait to progress in that great game.

iPad Air
iOS 7.1.1
Botanicula 1.0.3

Moderator comment: I took the liberty of uploading your image to a file sharing site as this forum has limited storage space for attachments. ~Lamkin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 01:52:47 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 01:48:11 am »

Hmm....did you upgrade to 1.0.3 from an earlier version? If so, perhaps that caused a problem, I don't know. But you might want to try deleting, then redownloading, and then reinstalling the game. Unfortunately, that means you'll have to start the game over from the beginning.
Yanez
little robot

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »

@Lamkin: thank you for having adjusted the attachment of my post, next time I will pay more attention.

I don't think that the game went through any upgrade, it was purchased just last week.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: