Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:03:22 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: samorest  (Read 18888 times)
inono1luvsme
little robot

« on: May 16, 2008, 01:34:19 am »

I wonder if there might be a way to alter the Samorest games just a bit so that my students could use them?  It is only the hookah and the opium smoker that might cause a problem.  If that were fixed the game could be used by a whol other demographic - kids.  They really love the BBC game.  The best part of it is the problem solving part, not the questions, of course.
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:13 am »

Hi, I'm glad you like our games but we won't change anything. there's nothing bad on showing somebody smoking pipe with unknown contents so I think it's absolutely harmless for kids and nobody says that smoking is good or healthy.
btw it's Samorost (not Samorest).
inono1luvsme
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 03:08:00 am »

I disagree about the smoker and the message it sends but I certainly respect your right to keep the game intact.  My intent in writing was to say that you had a great game for kids on the BBC site and when the kids at school whipped through those levels, especially enjoying the puzzle, I looked at the Samorost 1 and 2.  I could not ever use those in a school because of the hookah scenes.  I think both games are excellent except for that piece and regret that I cannot show the kids other options to explore.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: