Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:02 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Humble Bundle Windows unzip problem  (Read 19655 times)
Jamerz
little robot

« on: March 24, 2016, 06:54:46 pm »

have downloaded Samorost_3_Win.zip 3 times and keeping getting error 0x80004005. As I have not had unzip problems before, would think the file on the Humble Bundle site is corrupted. Bummed out as I so wanted to start exploring this amazing game Huh
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:55:35 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:48 pm »

Hi Jamerz.

As this is Samorost3 World-Wide Launch Day it's likely that the Amanita Design servers are taxed to the max...

give it time.  Wink

Grilch
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:36:13 pm »

I've got the exact same problem here:  I tried downloading the Windows version twice.  Both files were 896MB and both finished downloading successfully but I am not able to extract the files.  Here's what I did:

1) Double-clicked on Samorost_3_Win.zip
2) Double-clicked Samorost 3 folder
3) Double-clicked Samorost3.exe
4) Chose the "Extract All" option (also tried the "Run" option)
5) Message: "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created."

Please help!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 08:50:09 pm »

I would recommend contacting Humble Support. You can use this form: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

(And please post back once you hear from Humble Support, as it may help others on the forum who have a similar issue.)
Jamerz
little robot

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:52:38 pm »

OK the problem was not Humble Bundle, as if it would be Smiley It was the windows in built zipper. Use winzip and its all sweet as a whistle. So pleased, the game is so amazing. Is it a game? seems more like a work of art that I can explore. This will be the BEST game of 2016 for sure.
serena
little robot

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 10:00:27 pm »

I'm having exactly the same problem, error 0x80004005 when I try to extract the Samorost 3 file from Humble Bundle.

Could someone from Amanita please provide a link for any free unzipper that will unzip their game so I can play it, since the general standard one provided with Windows computers doesn't seem to work?

I went to the Winzip site mentioned above, but all I could find were links that want a lot of money from me for their product. I contacted Humble Bundle support, but they say that a reply will not be for 5+ days.

I understand this is a Humble Bundle problem, not an Amanita problem, but I'm still a bit disappointed. Why zip the game in such a way that the standard unzipper won't work and people can't play it easily? I've bought all the Amanita games so far, as well as dozens from Humble Bundle, and never had this problem before. What an odd thing for them to do all of a sudden.

Thanks for any help. The game looks beautiful and I'm looking forward to the Floex soundtrack.
stump
little robot

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 10:08:20 pm »

Same problem here. It doesn't seem to work on WinRAR. The diagnostic message tells me there are 'unknown methods' being used.

UPDATE: Tried Winzip, now its telling me my copy of Adobe Air is out of date. Updated Air, now it's telling me it's still out of date. Tried opening the Adobe Air file on the zip, computer didn't like it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:22:00 pm by stump » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 11:34:36 pm »

Quote from: stump
UPDATE: Tried Winzip, now its telling me my copy of Adobe Air is out of date. Updated Air, now it's telling me it's still out of date. Tried opening the Adobe Air file on the zip, computer didn't like it.

Have you tried shutting your computer down and then re-booting?

Grilch
little robot

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 12:11:40 am »

Thanks, Jamerz.  WinZip did the trick!  I was able to launch the game and peek at the first scene.  All appears to be well (no Adobe Air message, etc.) but I can tell we're not the only people who are going to struggle with this.
stump
little robot

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 03:34:19 am »

Quote from: stump

Have you tried shutting your computer down and then re-booting?

Actually, I just switched over to Steam and installed it that way.
misakocicka96
little rusty robot

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 03:56:02 am »

Same problem here. It doesn't seem to work on WinRAR. The diagnostic message tells me there are 'unknown methods' being used.

I am having exactly the same problem Sad
aeroglide
little rusty robot

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 01:58:29 pm »

Hi all frustrated wannabe Sam3 enjoyers,
just remedied all problems by unzipping with "7Zip" freeware!
Let the fun begin!
serena
little robot

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 10:33:10 pm »

Here is what worked for me.

Solution for unzipping Samorost 3 from Humble Bundle

1. Go to 7zip (thanks to aeroglide) to download a free unzipper.
http://www.7-zip.org/

2. It will ask you if your version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit. Find this out by finding the box in your windows toolbar that says "Search the web and Windows" and typing "windows version" into it. You will find the information you need under "System type".

3. Download the appropriate 7zip file, 32-bit or 64-bit.

4. Download Samorost 3 and find where the file went to in your computer. (Handy tip: click the download arrow at the top of the screen on your browser if you're not sure where the file went. This download arrow flashes as you download the game.)

5. Right click on the Samorost 3 file and choose "extract all". Zip7 should do its magic automatically.

For anyone having trouble, hopefully this should work for you as well.

I'm back to playing the game now. It looks beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:36:11 pm by serena » Logged
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 11:55:40 am »

hi people, very sorry for troubles! we've already re-uploaded the files with different zip which should work fine on all systems. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: