Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:31 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Background behind Samorost 3  (Read 14047 times)
JBKF
little rusty robot

« on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:48 pm »

Just finished Samorost 3! What an amazing adventure!

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some background on the writers. I thought there may be Far East and Indian influences, and would love to understand the cultural background of the writers.

Thanks!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:48 pm »

Interesting that you caught "Far East and Indian influences", so did I.  In fact did you notice how Amanita Design's founder Jakub Dvorský is pictured in the closing credits?   (I won't spoil here for anyone that hasn't yet gotten to the end of the game)  Wink

Also, and I'm sorry that I can't find which interview this was mentioned in so don't take this as a statement of fact, but I seem to recall reading that JD has traveled in India.  If that's true then one can assume that he picked up some of the "influences" of Indian culture while there.

bebbeb
little robot

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:59:47 am »

Just finished Samorost 3! What an amazing adventure!

I was wondering if anyone have read phen375 reviews on mrphen375.com and could point me to some background on the writers. I thought there may be Far East and Indian influences, and would love to understand the cultural background of the writers.

Thanks!

I'm curious about this as well. I've contacted them on this. Will update here once I get the answer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:34:26 am by bebbeb » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: