Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:32 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium Fan Edition - Can't install on mac.  (Read 14265 times)
Azarooroo
little robot

« on: March 09, 2017, 02:02:43 am »

Hello,

I recently purchased the 'Fan Edition' of Machinarium that comes with a plush.  On the side of the box it said the game is meant to run on windows and mac, however when I put the dvd into my mac none of the files would open.  This disk contains the files "autorun.inf", "Botanicula", "data0.cab" and "setup.EXE".  Does the disk only contain windows files, or do I need something on my mac to run them?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:34:23 am »

Well, it's certainly possible that there aren't any Mac files on the disk...it's happened with other editions, unfortunately. What version of OS X are you running? Asking because there is a known issue with macOS Sierra 10.11.5, but even if you're running an earlier version of OS X I would recommend contacting Deadalic Entertainment to let them know about the issue; you should use this form: http://www.daedalicsupport.com/en/support-formular/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:48:28 am by Lamkin » Logged
Azarooroo
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:38:53 am »

It looks like that might be the case which is annoying!  I'm running El Captain V10.11.2.  What do I do if there aren't any Mac files?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 05:44:46 am »

Hi Azarooroo.

Lucky you!  You've got the attention of both my fellow moderator Lamkin and me too.   Cheesy

Here's what I think might be going on:  The 'Fan Edition' is meant to play on both Mac and PC platforms.  So you don't need to do anything to your Mac to play the game.
Did you buy your Fan Edition New or was it a Used version, and also what vendor did you buy it from?

The reason I'm asking is that, if you bought it used then it's possible that the seller might have slipped in one of the dreaded "Mamba" discs that are known to sometimes NOT be playable on both platforms.  And if you bought it new then you should definitely NOT be having any trouble at all and you need to obtain a refund from that vendor.

~Alex

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:47:07 am by Alex » Logged
Azarooroo
little robot

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:50:47 am »

Hi Alex,

I really appreciate the help from both of you guys!  Smiley
I bought the Fan Edition brand new from a vendor in Berlin called "Grooves Land".  The game was still in the original packaging when, and the box still sealed when I got it.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:54:18 am »

Ack. :) Hey Alex. :) I just looked on Daedalic's support page and found an issue they mentioned about OS X 10.11 where the "installation data of our older game's retail versions for Mac can't be read by the latest Mac OS X Sierra 10.10.5."
Only thing is I'm pretty sure Sierra is 10.12, not 10.11, but my guess is that that is the problem you're running into, Azarooroo.

@Alex: I was editing my post above this one after I found out about Daedalic's issue, which was after you posted... Sorry if that is confusing things here!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:03:01 am by Lamkin » Logged
Azarooroo
little robot

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:03:03 am »

Hey Lamkin,
So would that mean that I need to update my computer to the latest software?
Thanks.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:32 am »

Hmm... No, I don't believe so. My assumption is that the issue would still exist on macOS Sierra 10.12. So, my guess is that they will give you a link so that you can download a copy of Machinarium. Does Botanicula install okay? Are there Mac files for that game?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 06:18:40 am »

@Alex: lol about the "Mamba" disks. That was hell, wasn't it? :) Actually, Daedalic made a similar error on the Merge Games Botanicula Collector's Edition—no Mac version.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:02:42 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 06:42:03 am »

Quote from: Lamkin
@Alex: lol about the "Mamba" disks. That was hell, wasn't it? Smiley Actually, Daedalic made a similar error on the Merge Games Botanicula Collector's Edition — no Mac version.

Yeah, the Mamba debacle was unbelievable.  But… Wow... I didn't know about the Merge Games Botanicula Collector's Edition not having a Mac version too.  What the heck?!

I think people at these companies are drinking too much coffee (or maybe not enough?)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:48:47 am by Alex » Logged
Azarooroo
little robot

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 07:16:03 am »

The Botanicula files do not work either. I'll try contacting Daedalic and see if they'll give me a link and let you know how I go. Thanks for the help guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: