Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:38:22 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sync Games Between iPad & iPhone  (Read 28459 times)
TerrapinFlyer
little rusty robot

« on: March 16, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »

I started playing this game on my iPhone, and just downloaded it onto my iPad. Despite being plugged into the "Game Center" it appears the game does not sync across devices....or does it? If so, how do I make it do so? TIA
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:15:43 pm »

Saved games are not tied to Game Center, but to iCloud, but there is currently no iCloud saving functionality for Botanicula. (I believe only Samorost 3 and Machinarium have iCloud saving.)

Edit: Hmm... I did a little researching (i.e., Googling Grin) and found that there are third-party apps that you can install to attempt to transfer the save data of a game from one iOS device to another; here is a link to a Macworld article that explains the process in detail:
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-to-save-restore-iphone-ipad-game-progress-data-3534332/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:44:46 am by Lamkin » Logged
Daniesza
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:40:13 pm »

I have downloaded the app on my iPad (((and have reached the 5 orbs and am stuck in the "tick" room with the durn pods. So I looked up how to get into the orb pod while the tick is distracted with Mrs. Mushroom, but all the replies here on the form say to click on the pod with the orb using my mouse.)))
I have been playing on Huh my iPad, so I decided to try playing on my laptop with my trackpad.... but it says I have to purchase the game to play it...

Soooo my question is:

How can I use my downloaded game on two devices? Or can't I?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 07:07:46 pm »

Quote from: Daniesza

How can I use my downloaded game on two devices? Or can't I?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

You can't.  Quoting from this post: "...the Mac and iOS versions are separate purchases."

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:29:38 pm »

Hey Daniesza, I responded in your other thread, but will post here, too. Botanicula walkthroughs are identical for the iPad and Mac versions, with tapping your finger on your iPad being the same as clicking your mouse on a Mac—nobody means for you to use a mouse with your iPad when saying to click, in other words...they are simply playing the game on their computer.

But, having said that, I'm assuming you've tried tapping and it didn't work, which is why you thought perhaps clicking a mouse would do the trick instead. So it's very likely you're doing everything correctly, so my guess is it's some kind of glitch, and my advice would be to uninstall and then reinstall the game...though I realize you'd have to replay through most of the game to get back to where you were. :/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:54:04 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:37:31 pm »

This post probably won't make sense to anyone except Alex, but I had to post 'cause my forum title was 'god of all robots' as I had reached exactly 666 posts above...but dammit, that's a title reserved for Alex's old account only, so out of respect I have to post...posthaste (pun) to get rid of the title so as not to anger him.  Roll Eyes Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:39:22 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 07:41:09 pm »

This post probably won't make sense to anyone except Alex, but I had to post 'cause my forum title was 'god of all robots' as I had reached exactly 666 posts above...but dammit, that's a title reserved for Alex's old account only, so out of respect I have to post...posthaste (pun) to get rid of the title so as not to anger him.  Roll Eyes Smiley

Welcome to the realm of the gods, brother Lamkin!   Cool

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:44:20 pm »

Thank you, oh great and powerful Alex!  Tongue Grin
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 08:04:42 pm »

You're welcome, oh great and also powerful, Lamkin!  Grin

See what you have to look forward to? The ears start growing out after your 700th post.   Wink

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:50:33 am by Alex » Logged
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 10:51:49 pm »

This post probably won't make sense to anyone except Alex, but I had to post 'cause my forum title was 'god of all robots' as I had reached exactly 666 posts above...but dammit, that's a title reserved for Alex's old account only, so out of respect I have to post...posthaste (pun) to get rid of the title so as not to anger him.  Roll Eyes Smiley

Hah, so Aboretz really was Alex Roll Eyes
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 07:59:48 pm »

Quote from: SleepyUser
Hah, so Aboretz really was Alex Roll Eyes

Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: