Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:01:09 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Machinarium  (Read 11938 times)
Fusca
little robot

« on: October 25, 2009, 05:04:33 pm »

Hi all! First of all saw the pics and reviews and it is for shure a great game!
I really would like to buy it, but i was wandering if it was possible to buy the game like in a CD with cover and etc instead of just a bought download?

Thanks for the trouble!
Fusca
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:07:38 pm »

Btw, i know i could buy and download it, and make record it to a Cd and make the cover, but, well, it's not like Amanita's own made Cd... ^^

If anyone could help, its appreciated!
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:21:36 pm »

The retail versions (CD) of the game are only in Italian, Russian and German language (tell me if I'm wrong)
I've read on the Web that Amanita has scheduled to release the English retail version too, but no official confirmations about this.

cjakub
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 06:01:32 pm »

hey,
u should know that if you will buy retail CD of Machinarium (if retail will be released), Amanita Design will get only a small amount of your money from retail version, so if you want really support them, buy digital version and download, because they get major part of your money. and u can always make back-up of your digital copy as u said.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 06:25:02 pm »

The retail versions (CD) of the game are only in Italian, Russian and German language (tell me if I'm wrong)

You are correct.  You can currently purchase Russian, German, or Italian boxed versions.  No official news about boxed English yet.

JD posted: "hi everybody interested in English boxed version we hope to publish some nice boxed special edition version in the future on our own probably, because it seems publishers (especially in US) are not interested in adventure games anymore."

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:29:26 pm by ABoretz » Logged
Fusca
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 08:37:54 pm »

Thanks all for posting!!! =)
cjakub you are right i know... but, you know, it's like buying books or so to me... i like to have the physical thing made by the designers. But well, i'll have to balance that in my decision.

Thank again all!  (just checking ABoretz link)
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 08:59:47 pm »

It's really sad that US publishers are no more interested in adventure games, i hope Machinarium change this trend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: