Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:04 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installation limitations  (Read 11802 times)
Dr.Ben
citizen robot

« on: October 28, 2009, 10:55:14 pm »

First of all, the demo is awesome! Roll Eyes

I'm going to buy one "Win+Mac+Linux+Sondtrack" version. There is 3 different installer in it, for 3 different OS, right?
The main question: Is there any limitation on installation?

I will explain, what I meant.
1) Can I install game on my Linux notebook and on another Windoze machine simultaneously?
2) Can I install game on my computer, complete the game, then change some hardware, reinstall (or change) OS, then install and play game again?
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 11:20:25 pm »

As far as I can remember you get a link to a page where you can download the installers seperately. My downloads kept failing & I had to keep starting again, so I assume that you're able to download all 3.

No idea about the rest, but I expect that you can have it on more than one machine at once.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 11:26:38 pm »

No idea about the rest, but I expect that you can have it on more than one machine at once.

Yes, JD has made them all DRM free.

Dr.Ben
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:43:23 pm »

As far as I can remember you get a link to a page where you can download the installers seperately. My downloads kept failing & I had to keep starting again, so I assume that you're able to download all 3.

No idea about the rest.
No, I'm talking about something else! Is there any limitations, e.g. "hardware binding with network registration", which prohibits me to reinstall game, when I change some hardware or OS in my computer? What if I install the game on both of my computers (one with Windoze, and one with Linux)? All of installed copies will work simultaneously?

I know some crazy software developers, which "limits number of installation", which force you to pay again, when you just upgrade your computer. And I want to avoid this.
Dr.Ben
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 11:46:42 pm »

Yes, JD has made them all DRM free.
So you want to tell, that there is no any limitations?

(BTW, who is JD?)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 06:13:29 am »

(BTW, who is JD?)

Yes, there are no "limits number of installation".  And JD is Jackub Dvorsky, the founder of Amanita Design!  (do some research before you post, dopey!)   Sorry, I was overtired and grumpy when I wrote that.   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:14:31 pm by ABoretz » Logged
Dr.Ben
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:26 pm »

Thanks for your answers Wink
I bought the game and downloading it now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: