Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:58:47 am

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Room Bug?  (Read 29594 times)
aSkaRi1983
little robot

« on: October 31, 2009, 06:10:52 pm »

Hello guyzzz i've got a question,

i bought macinarium today and it's a nice game but after a few minutes of play, it seems that there is a bug which isn't fixed although i updated it with the new patch.

When I was imprisoned by the Robo mafia, i made my way through the sewer and caught the key from the guard who was chillin on his chair...after that i used it on the box and left the room through the sewer again.

Then i left my jail to the front door. After that i tried to go into the guard room, but everything there were dark and i coudn't klick on anything. No hotspot were active. The only thing what was available was the stretch mode from Jef.

Furthermore I couldn't left the room anymore...

pls Help:(
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:21:20 pm »

When I was imprisoned by the Robo mafia, i made my way through the sewer and caught the key from the guard who was chillin on his chair...after that i used it on the box and left the room through the sewer again.

That's where you took the wrong turn.  Once you use the key to activate the two green lights go in the room to the left, NOT back into the sewer.

aSkaRi1983
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:46:02 pm »

Sry but this didnt work Josef shakes his head. I used the key on both lights..the other two prisoners try to escape e and the guard recognizes it and stop them. During this sequence i cant go anywhere only through the sewer.
And the other door u mentioned is a door with a lock to enter a number similar to a clock...

Maybe i took a wrong turn but why i get a dark screen and cannot play anymore when im entering a room?
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 07:53:55 pm »

Notice how the mafia guy runs through the room to catch them? See if there's anything to take advantage of this situation.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »

For example: When you tip the guard over you have a chance to grab those BBs on the plate.   Wink

aSkaRi1983
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 07:57:01 pm »

Yeah i already got that but its not good that i can enter the guard room from the RIGHT and then get a dark screen and cant move or anyxthing..now i know that i use the balls to bring him down..a hint from josef would be nice like a speech balloon with a picture that the guard would see me if i enter the room from the right...well i got it now..thx
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 08:00:31 pm »

That's really confusing... so by RIGHT you don't mean coming out of the table? You got there through the cell door?
aSkaRi1983
little robot

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 08:20:07 pm »

Mhm sorry i made pics for you ! =)

pic 1 I'm in the jail and then i left my jail through the front door. The guard is still sitting in the room.

pic 2 I'm in the middle alley and there i go RIGHT where the guard is still sitting Tongue

pic 3 the room where the guard should sit! on his chair is black! and i cant move...

this seems like a bug to me.. Shocked

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:01:39 pm by ABoretz » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 08:25:49 pm »

Mhm sorry i made pics for you ! =)

Yeah thanks pics are win. I'm a bit slow Tongue
pic 1 I'm in the jail and then i left my jail through the front door. The guard is still sitting in the room.

pic 2 I'm in the middle alley and there i go RIGHT where the guard is still sitting Tongue

pic 3 the room where the guard should sit! on his chair is black! and i cant move...

this seems like a bug to me.. Shocked

I think the devs never expected you to get into the room this way! Didn't think that possible... You crawl through the sewers and when look through the hole at the end under the table, the scene is revealed.
How did you left the jail through the front door without opening it beforehand?
aSkaRi1983
little robot

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »

I opened the sewer and crouched to the guard room. Then i used the key on both locks and saw that the guard tries to catch the other two robots and turn on the both locks again.

Then i thought:

Ok maybe its wrong to use the key on both locks. Then i ONLY USED IT ON THE RIGHT ONE. As you can see in pic 4. then i got back under the table after taht, and crouched back to my jail.

And then we are again at pic 1 in my previous post.

hope you can follow me Cheesy

Pic 4
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:30:25 pm by ABoretz » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 08:55:35 pm »

I thought as much. You have to be really fast though... So it becomes dark again? interesting.
aSkaRi1983
little robot

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

Well if i use the balls and dont go back to the sewer then it is as you described ..the guard slipps away on the floor and foolow the other robots through the door...but if you go the way like me:

pic 4
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

the screen is black and you can do nothing. just quit the game.

Is this a bug now ?^^
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 09:16:07 pm »

You weren't supposed to do that... but you can do it. So... I would call it an oversight on the devs part or a glitch at worse.
aSkaRi1983
little robot

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:41:07 pm »

Ok...nevertheless i'm on it now...i hope the devs catch up my found because maybe other people could have the same confused thinking like me Cheesy
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 10:12:19 pm »

Ok...nevertheless i'm on it now...i hope the devs catch up my found because maybe other people could have the same confused thinking like me Cheesy

If you're willing to create a new thread taking into account the glitches already posted and fixed by the patch listing all errors encountered in the Machinarium section, then you have my benediction.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: