Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:16 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uninstaller bug  (Read 10242 times)
prgTW
little robot

« on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:41 pm »

Installed the game in D:\_GRY\Machinarium, uninstaller gives default path without last folder (D:\_GRY) and after clicking "uninstall" it permits to delete ALL content of D:\_GRY.

What if I installed the game to C:\Machinarium. Uninstaller would give C:\ as Machinarium installation path and therefore permit to delete ALL data on C drive - seriuos bug.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:05:14 am by Alex » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:06:13 pm »

I wasn't able to reproduce this, both with the original build and the updated one.
I took exactly "D:\_GRY\Machinarium" and "D:\GRY\Machinarium" as install pathes. No problem when uninstalling.

You are certain you didn't install the game directly to the "_GRY" directory? Then I would understand why it's trying to remove all these files.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:10:44 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
prgTW
little robot

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:47 pm »

Now that You mentioned it I have some doubts Wink. Even so, aren't there any install logs (install.log) or sth to tell uninstaller which files to delete? If somebody installs (by mistake) into "C:\" and then uninstall he might be very angry couple of minutes later Wink
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 08:31:07 pm »

Now that You mentioned it I have some doubts Wink. Even so, aren't there any install logs (install.log) or sth to tell uninstaller which files to delete? If somebody installs (by mistake) into "C:\" and then uninstall he might be very angry couple of minutes later Wink

It's possible to write a log but this has not be scripted in that case. At end of the file deletion the script tells the uninstaller most likely to remove the install directory. It would certainly be safer to make a check to determine if the folder is empty before pulling the trigger.
prgTW
little robot

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:00 pm »

So maybe add this log so that uninstall process could be safer. Maybe in first post the problem was a PICNIC problem, but uninstaller can be much safer in fact. EOT, just wanted to point that out.

btw: great game, too short though Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: