Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:49:32 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things To Do in Machinarium When You're Done  (Read 18741 times)
XplorX
citizen robot

« on: November 03, 2009, 04:37:30 pm »

It's fun to walk around in the world of Machinarium and do things that don't contribute to the game solution. Here is a list of things to do. If anyone knows any others, it would be great to know about them. Thanks!

The Gate

Before you pull the raise-bridge signal, you can take off your blue hat, leaving a blinking light on your head.

The Railway

You can derail the mine car the wrong way.

The Boiler Room

You can send mine cars down the hatch.

Inner Cells

In the cell with the smoking inmate, you can sit on the toilet (no output). From the sewer below, you can enter the next cell via the manhole and frighten the two cellmates.

Corridor Outside Cells

You can enter the middle cell and sit on the toilet (no output). You can reach into the rathole (it bites).

Upper Jail (Telescope Room)

You can knock on the tank at far left. You can try to drink from the oil can (it's empty) and kick the can.

The Dock (right)

You can squirt oil on the ground next to the bollard and taste it until it's all gone.

The Band

You can dance as the band plays on.

The Town Plaza

At the top of the lower left stairs, you can try the door (it doesn't open). In the front wall, you can break the second light bulb from the left and the fourth light bulb from the right. You can make the clock keeper go back up to his tower.

The Kitchen

You can step on the pedal (oil comes out).

The Greenhouse

You can heat the trees at far left and second from the right (leaves sprout). You can click on the machine in the wall near the far left end of the upper left platform, but nothing happens (see Q&A).

The Arcade Hall

You can break videogame #3.

The Tower Foyer

After you're finished with the bomb, you can click on the Samorost 2 robot and see its story.

The Bathroom

You can turn on the faucet (oil comes out).

The Tower

You can tune the console dials to hear different songs.

The Basement

When you arrive, you can holler down the large pipe below the flooded room.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:21:34 pm by XplorX » Logged
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:35:30 pm »

You can actually break two lamps at the Plaza, and in the Greenhouse there are two plants you can use the lamp on, just for fun. But that's just me nitpicking.   Smiley

In the third screen it's possible to derail the mining cart the wrong way, as has been mentioned in other threads.
I'm pretty sure everybody clicked on the well-known robot from Samorost 2,  on the stairs next to the vacuum cleaner.   Cool  Nice touch, Amanita!

Can't think of anything else. Your list is pretty exhaustive.

PS: You can only click on the Samorost robot after you've defused the bomb.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:08:43 pm by Fien » Logged
XplorX
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:08:47 pm »

Thanks for the tip on the Samorost 2 robot, Fien, I hadn't done that. I clicked on it before the bomb and didn't think to try afterward. That's a great cutscene from Amanita, glad I didn't miss it! Also, thanks for the second light bulb, I hadn't noticed it lurking in the blur of the antenna.

For the greenhouse plants, Fien, I didn't see anything happen when I heated the second plant from the right. So maybe the two plants you mean are the "pitcher plant" tree propped up by a stick and the one at far left?

I modified the list to include the robot, mine car, and second light bulb, plus I threw in that you can make mine cars descend from the boiler room, which doesn't help you continue the game--for the sake of completeness... (any others, it would be great to know...)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:11:43 pm by XplorX » Logged
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 03:36:54 pm »

For the greenhouse plants, Fien, I didn't see anything happen when I heated the second plant from the right. So maybe the two plants you mean are the "pitcher plant" tree propped up by a stick and the one at far left?

Yes, and the plant in the fourth pot grows leaves as well when you push the heater thingie there. Leaves at the top, a bit less noticable than the other one.  Smiley
XplorX
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 04:05:25 pm »

Thanks again, Fien, I see it now on the plant second from right. I had that level loaded AFTER I had heated the plant, so I thought that was how the level started.
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:59:12 pm »

Can you ever play the third videogame, or does it always break?
Mongo
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:13 pm »

Another fun detail in the town plaza is what happens if you set the clock to one of the "moon" settings. Above the clock and to its right, something appears; it looks to me like a skeleton wearing a turban, and it seems strangely familiar. Does anyone else recognize it?
WhiteFalcon
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »

I found it funny when I clicked on the fuel tank of the lift platform outside the tower before getting fuel in  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: