Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:07:43 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any tip for the arcade game?  (Read 14318 times)
seekandfind
little robot

« on: November 07, 2009, 12:27:52 am »

I am lousy at space invaders and will never get past 1000 or whatever is needed.  >:(any useful strategy, or better still, a way to get the coins without winning these games?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:36:55 am »

Space Invaders Strategy: kill off the first couple of rows of invaders.  Then drill into the ranks of invaders to allow clear shooting into the "sky".  This gives you a window to the big red saucer that you can then kill and which will increase your point score by many times what a single invader will accrue.

Also, are you using your space bar to fire and left/right keys to move?  Just using your mouse is needlessly roughing it.

seekandfind
little robot

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 09:42:33 am »

THanks, no I was using the touch pad...  Grin
I just tried spacebar and arrows and at least reached 500 before I died, so perhaps there is hope.   Roll Eyes

EDIT: Did it! :-)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:29:50 am by seekandfind » Logged
seekandfind
little robot

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:49:01 am »

OK, so I made it past the arcade games, and got into the sick robot's brain, only to find another one of these games...  Roll Eyes I really enjoy the maze part of it, but can't seem to manage the shooting and end up dead every time.  Tongue It seems that my gun only works when I'm headed in the direction of my little red enemy, but I find it very difficult to control my guy's movements.  Any suggestions about this and game strategy would be appreciated!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:48:04 pm »

It seems that my gun only works when I'm headed in the direction of my little red enemy, but I find it very difficult to control my guy's movements.  Any suggestions about this and game strategy would be appreciated!
Well, it is possible to shoot without moving, so you might try waiting some distance around a corner to see if any enemies come to find you; that way you'll already be in position to shoot, and you won't have to move at all. =o)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:21:21 pm by Lamkin » Logged
merlinblack
little robot

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:00:25 am »

Would be nice if the game told you that you could use the keyboard.  That was the difference between completely giving up (why would they make it so hard?) and blazing through with out using any of the lives, super easy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: