Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:01:56 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: machinarium on aspire one - windowed mode?  (Read 29765 times)
fogelfink
little robot

« on: November 25, 2009, 06:55:20 pm »

Hi there,
I just bought a copy of machinarium and think it looks great.
Trying to play it on my aspire one (running fedora 12 linux) I do encounter difficulties however:  After experiencing really slow performance, I figured out that the hardware acceleration of the flash player must be disabled, but the trouble did not go away and I can't seem to be able to switch to windowed mode.  Esc does not seem do do anything and the bottom bar doesn't appear on my aspire one screen. 
On another thread http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,602.msg3238.html#msg3238 someone else seems to have the same problem:
After installing patch 1 a still have troubles with screen resolution on my acer aspire one: I can't see the down bar to save the game Sad . I'll plug the monitor in video out, set on it 80% dut then I switch to the built in it resize to 100%. It's about 1024x600.
Unfortunately there is no answer on that thread.I
s there a solution to this problem?  Without the bottom bar I can't switch to windowed mode and fullscreen mode makes the game unplayable.
Your help is appreciated, I love the look of the game!
fogelfink
little robot

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:17:22 am »

Can anyone tell me how to get into windowed mode when esc. doesn't do anything and the bottom in-game menu does not pop up??

I bought the game and now I don't seem to be able to play it on my aspire-one.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:30:27 am »

Did you apply patch 2?

nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 11:52:42 am »

Exiting fullscreen is a common issue to all netbooks, because of the hidden bottom menu. The minimum resolution for the game is 1024*768, according to the website. For saving, the automatic save can be enough (with the "Resume game" feature), but to go in windowed mode, I don't find any other solutions. There doesn't seems to be a option like '-w' to launch the player in windowed mode, nor a functional shortcut to exit fullscreen (CTRL+F works only to activate fullscreen when you're in windowed mode).  Undecided

So the only way I see is to launch the game on an other computer with a larger screen, to disable fulscreen here, and to transfer Flash preferences, maybe just the Machinarium.sol file (see a FAQ to find it), into the netbook, so the game will be launched in windowed on it. Wink

(yes, this answer was posted identically on two topics)
flamingolof
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:15 pm »

My girlfriend has the same problem, so I made a little python script that hacks the Machinarium.sol to disable fullscreen. You can find it here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/902237/defullscreen.py

I haven't tried it except on one of my own computers yet, so I wont guarantee it works. Feel free to improve the code. It's just a quick hack.

Good luck

Thanks for a great game bye the way. Everyone should buy the humble indie bundle 1 & 2 Smiley
hammer_nn
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 07:08:22 am »

on my netbook is not possible to make a virtual screen larger than 1024x600. So I plugged an external monitor, run the game with a resolution 1024x768 and turn off "fullscreen" and then save and close the game. Now i  run game on netbook with screen resolution  1024x600  press CTRL + MINUS and freely play. Sometimes I choose the menu flashplayer "enlarge" or "show all". Good luck. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: