Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:30:32 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost 2 on Steam No Soundtrack...  (Read 15844 times)
Stixsmaster
little robot

« on: December 13, 2009, 02:52:06 pm »

I like Samorost series greatly...but the only problem I have with having it on steam now is the fact that I do not have access to the mp3 files that you get if you purchase it from the site here...

Is it possible to give the steam version of the game an update to include the mp3 files? I would so love you guys more if you did that.

---Stixsmaster
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 08:21:25 pm »

JD stated on the Amanita Design blog, "the soundtrack is only in version which you can buy on our own website (amanita-design.net/samorost-2)"

Stixsmaster
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:55:28 pm »

well I like the game but it kinda feels like your jipping a good majority of your fans by only providing it in 1 place...

It seems like a rip off then if you buy the game else where on the web legally for the same price as you would on "your" site and you get less content...

Anyone will tell you that is just not right. I mean if its cause you aint got the time to upload the mp3 files to the steam servers hell I will buy the game from your site and upload them to the steam servers myself for you. But seriously you crush a good majority of your fans hearts by doing such thing(s).

EDIT: to me this is like the commercial where you see the 2 girls at a table with the guy in a business suit and the guy asks the 1 girl if she wants a pony and she says yes then he gives her a toy pony...then he asks the 2nd girl if she wants a pony and she says yes and he then calls a real pony out of a hiding spot and gives that to her...

If you ask me that is how it kinda feels to me...I got the fake pony...

---Stixsmaster
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:03:18 am by Stixsmaster » Logged
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 02:46:48 am »

Well the reasons for this are quite obvious. If you buy the game directly from Amanita, steam doesn't get it's share and guys from Amanita get more money.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:41:22 pm »

Samorost 2 soundtrack digital download (name your price)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:51:48 am by Lamkin » Logged
PokéManiac2471
citizen robot

'.'

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 07:51:54 pm »

Steam is good for some games like the Half Life series, but you need to go to Amanita Design for their games, they're just not the same from other places...  Lips sealed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: