Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:34 pm

Poll
Question: Would you purchase this game if offered on Xbox Live Arcade or Playstation Network?
Hell yes! XBLA/PSN are the way to go! - 17 (39.5%)
No chance...PC only for me! - 14 (32.6%)
Doesn't matter to me... I have no XBLA/PSN - 10 (23.3%)
Maybe - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy Machinarium on XBLA/PSN?  (Read 54741 times)
Zero Gunner
little robot

« on: August 31, 2008, 12:06:42 am »

I just saw the trailer for this game up on Kotaku and it looks brilliant. Personally I want to buy this game for XBLA, and given Braid's reception on the service I can't imagine this game wouldn't be well received...regardless of the PC-only crowd's rhetoric about adventure games not working on consoles. To me this seems a perfect addition to XBLA and PSN.
dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:31:24 am »

How about a "maybe" choice? Tongue
sun-tracker
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:23:40 pm »

I think Zero Gunner has it right.
Braid shows us that there are many people out there who are yearning for intelligent games.
People like to have to think.
I'd buy it if it was on XBLA.
Nebslox
little robot

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 02:38:02 am »

I'd prefer to play a game like this sitting on the couch with a controller than over a desk, but I've got programs for that.
I guess exposure would be the main reason to put it up there?
Since you'd be more likely to reach people who aren't usually inclined to seek out the smaller releases...
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:02:55 pm »

There is a huge chance you guys could make lots of money over XBLA and PSN. I would contact Microsoft and Sony as soon as there is a working version. Of course there will be a fee to get this ready on both platforms but it's always worth asking. Also, don't forget Steam. Don't go with anything else (Gamersgate, D2D etc.)
gingerbeardman
little robot

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 04:15:21 pm »

I'd buy it on XBLA or WiiWare

But not PSN (even though I do have a PS3)

Although I guess with the Wii and PS3 supporting Flash, and if the game is written in Flash, that may be a way to quicker development.
johnmatthais
little robot

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 05:30:51 am »

Not to offend or anything but, I wouldn't exactly buy a 360 copy of Machinarium. The point-and-click system isn't exactly suited to control sticks, and it could be considered a pain to have to maneuver like that. It might work if you make it so that you move using the left control stick, but it would be troubling to the developers to put it on the 360 to begin with (360 doesn't support Flash), let alone change the control scheme completely.

However, I would jump on the chance to get ahold of the game on the Wii. That's not to say that I'm not perfectly fine with it on my laptop, but playing it on the big-screen could enhance the experience significantly, and in the previous experience I've had with games by Amanita Design, 5.1 Surround Sound would enhance immersion significantly.
johnny40000
little robot

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:20:32 am »

i would love it on the xbla/or the psn but you have to make it so that it supports the mouse and key board then it would be nice.
johnmatthais
little robot

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 04:52:39 am »

I know the 360 supports USB keyboards, but does it even support mouses, let alone allow games to support them?
joshysquashy
little robot

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 02:10:03 pm »

I would love to see this on WiiWare! The Wii is great for point and click games, cause it is the only console that directly lets you control a pointer.

Flash is compatible with the Wii, so I'm not sure but it might be a really quick port! Please support this, and it is a great distribution system for this kind of game!
Nebslox
little robot

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 07:47:27 am »

Putting a game over to another system isn't some you can "just do" like that you know...
xbhaskarx
little robot

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 02:47:24 am »

I think this game would actually work on XBLA and PSN, it doesn't really seem to be fast paced enough that the lack of a mouse would ruin it.
For example, I'm not even sure how it's possible, but PopCap Games recently announced that Plants vs Zombies is coming to XBLA.
I'll buy this on Steam in any case, but I would definitely buy a second copy if it was released on XBLA, just as I'll buy PvZ again.

Is there any word on whether a console release is a possibility?
xbhaskarx
little robot

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 03:35:00 am »

Sorry to post again but I also wanted to point out that Xbox Live Arcade recently got Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit, and Sam & Max.
So not only can those types of games work on consoles, but they are already present on XBLA.
There was some concern that a point-and-click system isn't suited to control sticks a year ago when this thread was created, but that's not really an issue anymore.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:53:58 am by xbhaskarx » Logged
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 12:19:11 pm »

hi everybody,
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:42:30 am »

Good news, I'm pretty sure you guys can get some nice sales on XBLA. It might be worthwile to port Samorost 2 and sell it for a few hundred Microsoft points only, promoting Machinarium and securing your place on the Marketplace and in people's mind. Of course, only if it can be done easily and is worth it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: