Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:40:38 pm

Poll
Question: Would you purchase this game if offered on Xbox Live Arcade or Playstation Network?
Hell yes! XBLA/PSN are the way to go! - 17 (39.5%)
No chance...PC only for me! - 14 (32.6%)
Doesn't matter to me... I have no XBLA/PSN - 10 (23.3%)
Maybe - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy Machinarium on XBLA/PSN?  (Read 54758 times)
LucidShadows
citizen robot

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 08:30:14 am »

Sweet! Machinarium on the Wii would be fantastic, considering the control system. If Machinarium does well on Wii/XBLA/PSN (if people have any taste in awesomeness), you should re-release the Samorosts on the chosen medium too.
xbhaskarx
little robot

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 01:33:15 pm »

hi everybody,
Noemi
little rusty robot

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 11:50:23 pm »

hi everybody,
xbhaskarx
little robot

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 01:33:26 am »

I'm not sure why the previous comment ("hi everybody,") was removed, but here is some more information on Machinarium potentially coming to XBLA:

Interview: Amanita Design's Jacub Dvorsky on His New Game Machinarium
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25335

You've focused only on the PC so far. Are you going to continue doing that going forward or will you be porting your games to consoles or handhelds?

JD: We also want to create an Xbox version for Machinarium, so we will see how it goes. We want to continue PC games because why not? I think the platform is the most important thing for us because we are doing old-fashioned games in terms of technology, so it should be on a platform like that.

Yeah. The potential benefit to like having it on Xbox Live or something would be that more people may see it because it kind of gives you more publicity.

JD: Yeah, sure. We really want to create an Xbox Live version especially.

Have you talked to publishers yet?

JD: We want to create it and publish it ourselves, but we talked already with Microsoft, and we are also a Nintendo registered developer, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Just a matter of time then?

JD: Yeah, I hope so.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 07:12:52 am »

I'm not sure why the previous comment ("hi everybody,") was removed, ...

It wasn't!  We've been having some technical difficulties on the forum for the last couple of weeks and some posts were corrupted as a result.  Please read the "Forum glitches" thread for the latest updates concerning this problem.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:20:11 pm by Alex » Logged
xbhaskarx
little robot

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 08:46:09 pm »

I'm not sure why the previous comment ("hi everybody,") was removed, ...

It wasn't!  We've been having some technical difficulties on the forum for the last couple of weeks and some posts were corrupted as a result.  Please read the "Forum glitches" thread for the latest updates concerning this problem.

Hah, thanks for the explanation.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:21:48 pm by Alex » Logged
taurus82
citizen robot

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 01:43:43 pm »

I would absolutely buy it on PSN

taurus82 (PSN ID)
salvagebar
little robot

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 06:25:03 pm »

The "Sam & Max" series has a good adaptation on XBLA, though I'm not sure what its sales numbers are.

I do think that a port of Samorost or Machinarium to XBLA would absolutely be worth it for the exposure alone. You would all but guarantee that thousands of gamers would see the trailers and at least visit the site once or twice.
LuckyMachinarium
citizen robot

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »

Great to hear. Although I wonder if the graphics would look anywhere near as nice on the limited resolution of a TV screen as they did on my MacBook Pro screen. The graphics and sounds were just absolutely amazing on the Mac, so nice to have a native game supporting the Mac OS for a change. I also agree that its much easier to play this game using a mouse than it would be an XBox controller, so that could take away from the experience a little. But overall it would be great to have it available on as many platforms as possible.

I'm not sure why the previous comment ("hi everybody,") was removed, but here is some more information on Machinarium potentially coming to XBLA:

Interview: Amanita Design's Jacub Dvorsky on His New Game Machinarium
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25335

You've focused only on the PC so far. Are you going to continue doing that going forward or will you be porting your games to consoles or handhelds?

JD: We also want to create an Xbox version for Machinarium, so we will see how it goes. We want to continue PC games because why not? I think the platform is the most important thing for us because we are doing old-fashioned games in terms of technology, so it should be on a platform like that.

Yeah. The potential benefit to like having it on Xbox Live or something would be that more people may see it because it kind of gives you more publicity.

JD: Yeah, sure. We really want to create an Xbox Live version especially.

Have you talked to publishers yet?

JD: We want to create it and publish it ourselves, but we talked already with Microsoft, and we are also a Nintendo registered developer, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Just a matter of time then?

JD: Yeah, I hope so.
taurus82
citizen robot

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »

They just need to include mouse support, it would give the PS3 owners the choice on how he/she wishes to play.

taurus82 (PSN ID)
taurus82
citizen robot

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 06:29:02 pm »

How close are we to releasing the PSN edition? They is no reason why it shouldn't happen.

taurus82 (PSN ID)
JayKwon
little robot

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 02:41:51 pm »

Still eagerly awaiting a XBLA release Smiley.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: