Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:19 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: machinarium + gentoo  (Read 9054 times)
shogun
little robot

« on: December 22, 2009, 04:27:36 pm »

hello all:

great game!

i have 3 gentoo pc.  1 desktop and 2 laptops, i tried to make the game work on the desktop, but was unusable (slow and unresponsive). works with caveats with the fast laptop and again, unusable  with the slow laptop.

i have a number of issues i've come across.  if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

1.  (on all three machines) no left click input using windowed mode (ie. not full screen).  it seems to recognize mouse overs and relative positioning, but left click doesn't work.  right click brings up the flash menu (settings...  About..)  but i'm unable to change settings while in windowed mode.   changing the setting (hardware accelleraion on or off) has no noticeable effect.

2. (on slower desktop and laptop) slowness/unresponsive.  flash is ok when running from the browser (ie. demo runs fine), full version on the desktop is unusable.

i know that flash is buggy in linux and this may not be solvable, but i'm willing to help debug if anyone is interested.

-=g=-

shogun
little robot

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 07:48:55 pm »

updates.

it appears that there are issues with adobe-flash 10 when using fluxbox as the window manager.  the issues with responsive and left click goes away when i tested machinarium with gnome in windowed mode. 

still have issues with the responsiveness when in full screen mode especially on the module with the date/clock and spinning handles. the rest of the modules i've been to seem ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: