Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:17 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IndieCade  (Read 21962 times)
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« on: September 09, 2008, 10:04:51 pm »

Machinarium was selected as a finalist at the 2008 IndieCade Festival of Independent Games.
Playable demo will be on exhibition at the Open Satellite Gallery in Bellevue, Washington from October 10th and at GameCity in Nottingham, England from October 30th.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:59:26 am »

Awesome news JD!

a qwick GOOGLE yielded this...
http://www.indiecade.com/index.php?/events/
"IndieCade's flagship annual festival will be held at Open Satellite in Bellevue, Washington from October 10-17.
It will be the first major exhibition of international, independent videogames and videogame art in the Seattle area and the first stand-alone independent videogame festival in the nation. It will be a landmark event."

This sounds *very* cool!

I hope you don't mind my asking, but will you be making trans-global treks to attend either the Seattle or Nottingham events?

In any case, I wish you and the Amanita crew the very best!
~Alex

jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:26:03 pm »

Yes, I'm going to attend GameCity in Nottingham and I'll have a presentation there showing of mostly Machinarium and a little from the "making of" process. Unfortunately We are not going to make it to the Seattle.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07:19 am »

Yes, I'm going to attend GameCity in Nottingham and I'll have a presentation there showing of mostly Machinarium and a little from the "making of" process. Unfortunately We are not going to make it to the Seattle.

Pity you can't make the Seattle leg of the trek.  I would have greatly enjoyed having the chance to meet you and/or someone from the Amanita tribe up in Seattle, as I'm a resident citizen of the current U.S. reich - West Coast sector -  Undecided

Best of luck in Nottingham!  And, hey!  Could you possibly record some of the doings there on video and, maybe, post select segments on YouTube once you come home?  I (and I'm sure the rest of your fans) would *love* to see 'what up'!    Grin

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:07:28 pm by ABoretz » Logged
kosak
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 05:00:06 pm »

Yes..that would be great!!! Grin
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:06 pm »

I'm going to attend GameCity in Nottingham and I'll have a presentation there showing of mostly Machinarium and a little from the "making of" process.

Yay!  http://gamecity.org/thursday/

ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 07:57:11 am »

Machinarium was selected as a finalist at the 2008 IndieCade Festival of Independent Games.

I have a GOOGLE News Alert set up for the keyword: "Machinarium".  Today I was emailed a review from a person that attended the Los Angeles leg of the Indiecade Festival...  http://news.gotgame.com/indiecade-stupid-name-cool-games/15026/

In essence, they thought Machinarium was "the most visually striking game on the floor" but cautioned that one must "be prepared to have to 'think like the designer' to solve some of the puzzles, or risk some frustration". 

Sounds *wonderful*!   Grin

ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 11:09:30 pm »

This fellow, Chad Concelmo, got to play the Machinarium demo at the IndieCade section of the "E for All Expo" in L.A. last weekend and wrote a very detailed (and positive) report of his experience.  Spoiler alert: he goes so far as to detail how he solved one of the puzzles, but he warns you before he begins his walkthrough to give you the choice of reading straight through or skipping past that part to pick up again from his concluding paragraphs which begin with, "The few puzzles I got to play through were all this clever and fun to figure out."    Smiley

http://www.destructoid.com/machinarium-the-best-game-you-most-likely-have-never-heard-of-106669.phtml

Note: Only one person left a comment on his article asking if there'd be a console port.    Roll Eyes

daixy
little rusty robot

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 01:18:01 am »

I played the game for a long time at e4all in LA and loved it
I asked some questions about the game and was told to "google indie games" and maybe I'd be able to find out something that way.  So unhelpful it was almost painful to even talk to those people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: