Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:19:50 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium windows7 problem  (Read 17227 times)
Gamesagent
little robot

« on: January 07, 2010, 01:56:06 pm »

I installed Machinarium on my XP notebook, and it runs well. Then I installed it on my new Aspire with windows 7 and it doesn

Mod Edit: because Gamesagent is having "apostrophe issues" I will reproduce his original question below:

"I installed Machinarium on my old notebook under XP and it ran well.  On my new acer aspire I installed it with Window 7 and there comes a special humming at the beginning and the whole game runs very slow and can't be played.  What kind of problem is this?"

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:05:26 pm by ABoretz » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:40:34 pm »

There is a known bug on this forum that truncates text following special characters (like apostrophes) that programs like WORD use.

So the possible reason your text is being truncated is that you are not typing in the forum's "Post reply" field but, rather, editing your text in some other program (I'm guessing WORD) and then copy/pasting into the "Post reply" field.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:03:07 am by ABoretz » Logged
Gamesagent
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:49:07 pm »

So how can I post a message here?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

So how can I post a message here?

I think I see the problem now.

Your keyboard is sending apostrophes coded in a way that this forum rejects them and truncates all text that follows.
This is very strange!

I know this will sound like a stupid request, but until a solution is found would you please not use apostrophes in your messages?
E.g., instead of typing "don't" spell out "do not".

NOTE TO ALL OTHER USERS: This appears to be a special circumstance that Gamesagent is experiencing.  This doesn't mean that you all have to stop using apostrophes.  

UPDATE: The "apostrophe bug" has been fixed!   Grin

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:31:39 pm by ABoretz » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:08:12 pm »

"I installed Machinarium on my old notebook under XP and it ran well.  On my new acer aspire I installed it with Window 7 and there comes a special humming at the beginning and the whole game runs very slow and can't be played.  What kind of problem is this?"

Turn hardware acceleration off.  Start the game, right click, and you'll find the "turn hardware acceleration" option.   Smiley

Gamesagent
little robot

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:11:15 pm »

It seems that this was the problem. Thanks very much!
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 03:54:40 am »

Cool!  Sorry for all the hassles.  Some day soon we'll figure out the apostrophe issue and folks like you won't have such a hard time posting here.  Roll Eyes  

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone for their patience.

Mod comment: The "special character bug" on this forum was fixed a while ago, so ignore all references to that problem both here in this topic and anywhere else you come across it. Smiley

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:04:30 am by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: