Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:27:33 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Furnace: Can't jump in the car early enough  (Read 32717 times)
hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« on: February 05, 2010, 06:57:19 pm »

After pressing the red push button I try to run to the car, but I'm never early enough to jump on, the carrier is coming down before I'm sitting in the car. What do I do wrong...Huh
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:03:34 pm »

Machinarium Walkthrough   Grin

hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:09:17 pm »

I did of course read the walkthrough. There it only says for this sequence: "Click the red push on the right and then go straight into the cart." It doesn't say how to run in order to be early enough. How do I run...?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »

I realize that the walkthrough image for the Furnace level depicts the robot as running to the cart but, actually you can't run and, in fact, don't have to if you set the sequence for the claw correctly.

Good luck figuring out the puzzle!   Wink

hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:16:34 pm »

Thanks for this. I still don't get it: If I can't run, why then do I always arrive too late in front of the car? The settings on the control panel are just like described in the walkthrough: "1 to bottom, 2 to top, 3 to bottom". Anything else that I might have done not correctly?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 06:40:22 am »

I still don't get it: If I can't run, why then do I always arrive too late in front of the car?

How tall are you?

hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:38:19 am »

...Huh I'm 1.85 m.
stevescat
little robot

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 12:49:30 pm »

Not your height, your characters height! You have to be tall to alter the controls and press the red button, yes? So make sure you don't try and reach the cart tall! You will never do it. If it's not your height that's stopping you from reaching the cart, then as ABoretz suggests, it's the sequence of grabbing etc. that isn't correct!
hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 04:31:41 pm »

I knew you didn't want to know my height, I took it as a joke to reply.

I do the following:

I grow tall to press the red button
Now I become small and walk to the car
In the meantime the carrier does one round, comes down and grabs into the car - nothing to be taken out.
I walk on and jump in the car.
The carrier doesn't come down again.

Now I'm pissed...  Smiley
stevescat
little robot

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 07:32:33 pm »

As I said, it's the sequence of the rotation and grabber which you haven't set correctly. You do realise by adjusting the controls you change what happens to the grabber etc? Keep trying and you'll get there!
hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 10:56:59 am »

I'm one step further - I'm hanging in the air. Clicking on the arrow (just like the walkthrough says) doesn't move the grabber, again, nothing goes anymore. Please tell me the correct settings for the panel (the one in the help function doesn't seem to be correct). Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:19:50 am by hidden_nerd » Logged
stevescat
little robot

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 03:44:15 pm »

You're so close! After the grabber pics you up, the mechanism needs to rotate again!!! (set the controls for 2 rotations). Just before it turns with you in the grabber, click with mouse to the left and you'll swing onto the platform.
hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 04:37:35 pm »

And how do I set the controls for 2 rotations? This is a cat and mouse game that you play with me  Wink
stevescat
little robot

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 06:27:41 pm »

You have sliders 1, 2, 3. Set slider 1 at bottom (Rotates first). Set slider 2 at top (grabber drops and picks you up). Set slider 3 at bottom (rotates again). BUT make sure you click on the platform on left before rotation, needs to be timed just right. Trust me, it's not cat and mouse, I didn't want to spoil your experience of the game. There are some very trying puzzles later on. Good luck!
hidden_nerd
citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »

Your explanation doesn't work for me. And I know, you're not playing cat and mouse, I was only joking before. If you want to, please send me a PM so that we could exchange ideas in a more direct way. Please consider that I'm on CET, I stop "working" for now.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: