Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:46:42 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The only thing I did not like  (Read 12584 times)
jst65
space invader

« on: February 07, 2010, 05:00:17 pm »

Maybe it's only me, but I had to mute the "Queen/King" scene.

The drooling sounds she/he makes over and over were kind of getting me sick while trying to solve minipuzzles Sad

Quite annoying nevertheless, compared to the amazing score of the rest of the game.

Nothing else - I loved the game and yes it is worth every penny Smiley
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »

Well, yes, I completely agree actually. That was one thing that annoyed me, I muted that scene, couldn't stand the sound. But yeah, I can't really complain.
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:32:45 am »

yep did the same
bombjack
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:17 am »

Well, I liked that BUT not at first, true. After wandering through the room trying to catch a glimpse of everything around there I've finally get used to, and in the end I've found it perfect for the situatiot pictured there. Suited the overall mood of the game (organic and somewhat eerie - in a robot way)  Grin

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 09:11:34 am »

To me, the computer virus was analogous to a cold virus, so I thought those noises, although perhaps slightly annoying, were quite appropriate and logical—even a little comical. I think it was a decent way for Amanita to convey the concept, and I'm not sure how else they could have.
Hmm...
Perhaps there could have been sniffling instead of drooling, but how would you show sniffling? Actually, now that I think about it, maybe sneezing would have worked better, eh? =op
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:53:48 am by Lamkin » Logged
jst65
space invader

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 12:28:32 pm »

Hmm, I did not associate drooling to a (cold) virus, like I would with sniffling/sneezing

Instead it gave me the idea of someone who's been lobotomized/electroshocked, or something like that, and it didnt make things sound better Tongue

I don't know if they could do any better, maybe stop that loop after a while.. BTW when you come back later on in the game, he/she starts drooling again Cheesy then immediatly goes to the book-reading "hmmm?" Wink
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »

I loved that part. Emphasized the "sickness" and the disgust for what the bad guys had done, and somehow reminded me of Beneath A Steel Sky even more.

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: