Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:57 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Incinerator room question  (Read 14970 times)
Austruck
little robot

« on: February 23, 2010, 01:22:28 am »

In the early incinerator room, my dad crossed some wires and went back down to test them. Turns out he crossed wires that now keep the claw from ever coming down to pick up the robot. Ever. No combination of settings on the panel will drop the claw.

We sadly assumed he was stuck using a previously saved game (neither of us thought there was a way to hoist oneself with one's own petard, so to speak), but when he quit the game and came back in, suddenly the claw will drop.

Logically, this makes no sense. The wires are still improperly crossed, so shouldn't he forever be unable to get that claw to drop? Don't get me wrong -- he's happy about this! -- but why does this happen? Just a happy game glitch? Or will he have the same claw trouble tomorrow when he's back in-game?  Cheesy
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:55 am »

In the early incinerator room, my dad crossed some wires and went back down to test them. Turns out he crossed wires that now keep the claw from ever coming down to pick up the robot. Ever. No combination of settings on the panel will drop the claw.

How about that bit where you can tweak the wires that wrap around the furnace itself?  They're at floor level, somewhere around the same place you found the blinking button to open the panel.  I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive but I recall there being a place there that you could reverse the polarities to achieve the objective you seek.

mickeygfunk
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:49:53 am »

omg, thank you for pointing this out.
i have spent so much time on ths an dfinally decded to go online for help.
finding those crossed wires was such a guess and check process... it wasn't very obvious withotu literally tracking my cursor along the entire wire to see f it would regster a hand icon, and even then i had to keep walking along the wire path to find it, but i finally did.  is there soem sort of option to highlight interactive objects in this game? because i dotn know if i have the energy to look for clickable areas for the entirety of this.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:37:32 pm »

is there soem sort of option to highlight interactive objects in this game? because i dotn know if i have the energy to look for clickable areas for the entirety of this.

No, there isn't any option like that. But I don't believe there are any more clickable areas that are as obscure as that one is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: