Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:54:26 am

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lags Horribly.  (Read 32476 times)
jst65
space invader

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 03:01:35 pm »

It's a Celeron. Overheating issue?

Did you find those minimum specs on amanita/machinarium site? Or on the back of the box?
jd said back to June 2009 "we haven't tested the game on many machines yet so we don't know the exact system requirements to play the game smoothly" (i.e. recommended specs).

durriej
citizen robot

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 07:35:13 pm »

>After the initial boot of the computer we installed the game and it played FLAWLESSLY
>This was before we changed the resolution.
>updated all drivers to the latest
>this problem persists through all flash games

Of course the problem is not in the game, try uninstall/clean/reinstall video drivers

We tried that serveral times, even installing older driver versions. Nothing solves it.

I also noticed that this problem persists through all flash games, online and offline

Too bad the hardware acceleration work around didn't work for you!  Hopefully jst65's suggestion will help.
But also, to help the peeps here on the forum troubleshoot this issue with you, please post the specs of the machine you're having all these "flash game related problems" on.  Tell us the processor type, RAM, video card, etc....

Intel 1.7ghz
1024mb DDR
nVidia GeForce 6800 512 DDR

What is exactly your processor? Is it Intel Pentium 4 or Intel Celeron (Celeron has less cache)? In minimum specs there is Pentium 4 1.8 and it have twice as many cache as Pentium 1.7 so this may be the cause of lagging in higher resolutions. Also check how many space you have on your hard drive (some games would lag for me if I have less then half of my hard drive's memory free)  Smiley

It's an Intel Celeron. The weird thing is it doesn't matter which flash game or application it is. If it's flash it lags.
Matt
little robot

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 08:09:13 pm »

It's a Celeron. Overheating issue?

Did you find those minimum specs on amanita/machinarium site? Or on the back of the box?
jd said back to June 2009 "we haven't tested the game on many machines yet so we don't know the exact system requirements to play the game smoothly" (i.e. recommended specs).

I looked at specs that ABoretz posted a few posts ago  Tongue

>After the initial boot of the computer we installed the game and it played FLAWLESSLY
>This was before we changed the resolution.
>updated all drivers to the latest
>this problem persists through all flash games

Of course the problem is not in the game, try uninstall/clean/reinstall video drivers

We tried that serveral times, even installing older driver versions. Nothing solves it.

I also noticed that this problem persists through all flash games, online and offline

Too bad the hardware acceleration work around didn't work for you!  Hopefully jst65's suggestion will help.
But also, to help the peeps here on the forum troubleshoot this issue with you, please post the specs of the machine you're having all these "flash game related problems" on.  Tell us the processor type, RAM, video card, etc....

Intel 1.7ghz
1024mb DDR
nVidia GeForce 6800 512 DDR

What is exactly your processor? Is it Intel Pentium 4 or Intel Celeron (Celeron has less cache)? In minimum specs there is Pentium 4 1.8 and it have twice as many cache as Pentium 1.7 so this may be the cause of lagging in higher resolutions. Also check how many space you have on your hard drive (some games would lag for me if I have less then half of my hard drive's memory free)  Smiley

It's an Intel Celeron. The weird thing is it doesn't matter which flash game or application it is. If it's flash it lags.

I know what you mean. I own Intel Pentium 4 3.2 and some flash games lags a lot on my computer, especially games with lots of objects, music, etc. Less demanding flash applications should work for you though. Have you tried playing some simple flash animation with few things? If it lags too, then it is not the fault of your hardware, but rather software.
durriej
citizen robot

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 02:59:05 am »

I know what you mean. I own Intel Pentium 4 3.2 and some flash games lags a lot on my computer, especially games with lots of objects, music, etc. Less demanding flash applications should work for you though. Have you tried playing some simple flash animation with few things? If it lags too, then it is not the fault of your hardware, but rather software.

Pretty much all flash lags for him. It did on his other computer as well, and the only thing transferred from that computer was his graphics card.
zollum
little robot

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 08:10:09 am »

I know this is a pretty big bump but I have the same problem and I have been reading through and using all of these suggestions and Machinarium still runs painfully slow. I am using Linux Mint though, anymore ideas?
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 09:37:58 am »

I know this is a pretty big bump but I have the same problem and I have been reading through and using all of these suggestions and Machinarium still runs painfully slow. I am using Linux Mint though, anymore ideas?

Hi. Try to play windowed instead of fullscreen. Wink
zollum
little robot

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 11:55:33 pm »

Thank you  Smiley 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: