Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:30:13 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost 1 soundtrack?  (Read 28875 times)
Erfan
little rusty robot

« on: March 08, 2009, 01:07:42 am »

Hi everyone!
My friend turned me on to Samorost today and I'm hooked. I see that there is a soundtrack for the second Samorost game, but I'm not seeing one for the first.

Does the music from the first game (specifically, from the Squirrel level that seems to be getting much love) appear on the CD for the second? I tried Limewire, but it's not pulling up anything helpful and I'm interested in obtaining all of the music.

Thanks!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 06:38:18 am »

The soundtrack for Samorost 1 was selected by Amanita Design's founder Jakub Dvorský from various sources.  There is no official release of these snippets of music but someone named "Dane, Teku Dot" ripped each of the tracks from the game and saved them as mp3s...   link: http://samorost2.com/samotunes.html    DEAD, use this Wayback link.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:05:29 am by Alex » Logged
wowbagger
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:38:08 am »

Is there a list anywhere of the Samorost 1 source tracks?

Some time ago, I accidentally stumbled upon the track that was the source of the loop for the intro/outro theme (with the two-notes clarinet). I think the track was called "Diabolo", but I can't remember the name of the artist.

I do remember that I checked the dates, and the track preceded the release of Samorost. So it was definitely the source of the loop, or sampling from the same source.

Can anyone provide some insight on this?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »

Quote from: wowbagger
Is there a list anywhere of the Samorost 1 source tracks?

None... as yet.

Somewhere I found the title "Land Of Rice" associated with the scene of the hookah smoker.  Maybe it was here?   link is now dead, use this Wayback link instead  
(Note: The Samorost 1 soundtrack was put together by Jakub Dvorský from various sources while he was finishing up his university studies... before he and Floex began working together at Amanita Design)

As for discussions here on the forum regarding the Samorost 1 tracks, see topic: Music from Squirrel level
And also: dnb track at samorost 2. [correction: topic is about Samorost 1]

Good luck finding the rest of the original source tracks!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:09:29 am by Alex » Logged
wowbagger
little robot

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:08:31 pm »

I managed to figure it out. The intro music was sampled from The Cinematic Orchestra's "Diabolous". Now to find the other ones!

Those threads list a couple of them. I shall compile the list in some other thread for future reference.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:18:22 pm by wowbagger » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: