Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:31:08 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Destructoid staff take a crack at a Machinarium demo  (Read 23773 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« on: July 09, 2009, 03:14:49 am »

Before you read the review be warned that there are lots of game spoilers throughout the piece.
Also it seemed to me as though some of the reviewers were kind of clueless about what to expect from an Amanita Design-ed game.  It was almost as though they were frustrated that they couldn't blow something up or snipe another character with a high powered laser but had to instead use their minds and THINK their way through problems!  Roll Eyes 

Also surprisingly absent was any mention of Floex's music!  Either the demo they were sent came without the soundtrack or, more likely, they were just too impatient and distracted by the lack of lasers to have noticed the music.    Grin

Nevertheless, I'm posting the link so that you can see the several NEW images from the game that we haven't seen up to now.
I would suggest that you just scroll down the page to view the images and ignore all the Destructoid-er babble...    Wink 

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-machinarium-138901.phtml

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:17:43 am by ABoretz » Logged
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:23:01 am »

thanks for posting it here. well I must admit I agree with the criticizers at some places, but the build they had for preview wasn't the final game. we want to make several changes in puzzles (e.g. that problem with bulb and traffic cone) and also want to add some more hints.
as for the pixel hunting they mentioned - well, it's just isn't true at all. there's no 2 pixels buttons etc. everything is pretty obvious and well visible.

anyway, it's always good to hear some critique - it's helping us to improve the game.

thejoe
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:13 pm »

thanks for posting it here. well I must admit I agree with the criticizers at some places, but the build they had for preview wasn't the final game. we want to make several changes in puzzles (e.g. that problem with bulb and traffic cone) and also want to add some more hints.
as for the pixel hunting they mentioned - well, it's just isn't true at all. there's no 2 pixels buttons etc. everything is pretty obvious and well visible.

anyway, it's always good to hear some critique - it's helping us to improve the game.

i dont understand why the ppl who preoder the game dont have access to that demo too see some gameplay
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:43:36 pm »

i dont understand why the ppl who preoder the game dont have access to that demo too see some gameplay

well, because there are still too many small bugs, sounds are very incomplete, it's not optimized etc.
please, give us some more time to finish it and we hope you will like it:)
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »

But please, don't rush it! That's the worst thing indie companies can do: releasing their game in a rush, with still existing bugs and missing features. I've purchased the game a few minutes after I got the e-mail about pre-ordering but will gladly wait till the game reaches its full potential Cheesy

You can release a short demo though (first few minutes of the game for example) to raise people's interest. Especially on Steam where loads of potential customers will see it then try it Wink
iakchos
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:22:02 pm »

But please, don't rush it!

I can only confirm that! You have all the time you need, there is no need to rush.
If you plan to make a demo, dont make it too long... nah what am i saying. I will not play the demo, i can wait till the release.
I dont even want to spoil me with more screenshots like from that other site. I know it
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:26:32 pm by iakchos » Logged
Saaataaan
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:55:46 pm »

But please, don't rush it!

I can only confirm that! You have all the time you need, there is no need to rush.
If you plan to make a demo, dont make it too long... nah what am i saying. I will not play the demo, i can wait till the release.
I dont even want to spoil me with more screenshots like from that other site. I know it
tblrsa
noble citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 02:04:32 pm »

Yeah, don
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:32:33 pm by tblrsa » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: