Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:53:08 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refunding iPAD1 owners [ was: Machinarium crashes on iPad ]  (Read 12059 times)
hrvojeb
little robot

« on: September 09, 2011, 02:05:26 am »

First of all let me congratulate you on a great game. I played it on my desk computer.
But now I wanted to have it also on my iPad.
Bought it and installed it few minutes ago.
Problem is that when I start the game it crashes after few seconds.
I am able to see Amanita logo, and that illustration with junkyard and two robots.
After that app crashes.
Or to be more precise it doesn't close. It is "minimized" to dock.
When I tap on it, it is the same.
Won't start.

I have iPad (first edition), Wi-Fi, 64 Gb latest OS update.
Thanks in advance for all the help I can get.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:18:35 pm by Alex » Logged
hrvojeb
little robot

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:17:39 am »

Now I see. It only works on iPad 2.
How can I get my money back?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:16:53 pm »

I remember ( though i have no screen shots to prove it ) that when Machinarium originally appeared on the App Store the "PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GAME IS ONLY FOR IPAD2!" message was NOT there.  Now that they've added that warning maybe someone at the APPLE store will do something about the "Languages" info (which is wrong).  The game ONLY comes in English (even though it's listed as containing 15 different languages!)

Meanwhile, i'm very glad to report that forum member hrvojeb (owner of an iPAD1) was kind enough to write me with an update about how he/she got a refund from Apple.

"I sent e-mail to Apple customer service, and someone got back with reply that that isn't customary, but understand my problem and will refund my money.
After that it was my duty to manually remove app from iPad which I did."

So, to all iPAD1 owners that were HONESTLY not aware of the iPAD2 disclaimer, write to Apple customer service and explain your situation.  And, as always, all follow ups to this, or any other thread, are welcome. 

A special Thank you out to hrvojeb!
~Alex

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: