Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:33:58 am

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium Box Cover  (Read 48049 times)
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« on: October 01, 2009, 09:55:07 pm »

For those interested here's the amazon.de German Box Cover.
The hi-res cover you can enlarge is actually made out of multiple smaller parts held together by the means of a script. You can't simply copy & save it.
Therefore I've thrown all those parts together:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:02:21 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:01 am »

Cute box art Smiley Would love to buy it but in english, not german. My guess is that this version has been translated.

Quite a shame that it says "Von den Machern von Edna Bricht Aus und The Whispered World" as in "From the makers of Edna Breaks Out and The Whispered World" on the box. Although Daedalic Entertainment made both of those games (I'm playing The Whispered World at the moment and it's great) they certainly didn't make Machinarium so it's a bit of a misleading information but a very clever and nasty promotion from their side. The Amanita logo is almost invisible from all those symbols and boxes. Plus, it doesn't even say anything about Samorost 2 or the additional audio content.
Then again, it might only be a part of the deal that Amanita made with Deadalic to publish the game.

I'm interested whether there are plans to release the same box and content in english Huh
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:55:38 am »

Yep, exactly my thoughts kind Sir. I wanted to add this to my post but the forums were incredibly slow yesterday...

It's very misleading and not paying much credit to the real authors *sigh* but what do you want this is a Publisher they can throw pretty much anything on their cover Tongue
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:22:08 pm »

It might still be worth it despite the translation. The only words seem to be in the menu, and you could work out what they are from the demo.
leanne
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 05:43:21 pm »

yes i was surprised when i read that as well, it left a feeling that i am looking a wrong box or something.
verticalcity
noble citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »

maybe it's the german habit of occupying?
just joking, i'm german myself.
but i think i programmed a nice game series with samorost.  Grin
---
and i really think they did something unfriendly with that statement on the cover. can't be in the interest of amanita.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:06:31 pm by verticalcity » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 07:14:30 pm »

I'm interested whether there are plans to release the same box and content in english Huh

Back in June JD wrote: "the boxed version will be released this fall in Russia, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.", referring to Deadalic, then he continued, "we are now negotiating also other regions."  

From that I think we can assume that some other publisher will be responsible for the English version.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:27:00 pm by ABoretz » Logged
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 07:25:40 pm »

Ah, now that you mention it... that post rings a bell. Thanks. Although I already have Samorost 2 boxed version and pre-ordered Machinarium as well, I'm gonna wait for that special edition in english Smiley Don't forget to let us know when you have further details. Nobilis, Atari or Paradox might be interested in publishing the game. They seem to support indie developers all the time.
leanne
captain robot

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 07:58:27 pm »

yes, i remember that sentence too and that was one of the reasons i pre-ordered the non-boxed version, but well.. after playing the demo i would be very angry with myself when i would have to wait any second longer than nessecary for the whole game Smiley

but i so hope that the negotiations will get us the english boxed version with soundtrack as well
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 10:22:27 am »

I've an absolute hatred for those huge USK symbols though Angry

If it gets a boxed release in any other Country I would gladly take it
Copier
little robot

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 06:38:50 pm »

great ... i will buy it ^^ i had made the pre-order ... but the cover is so cute ...
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 11:42:45 pm »

Back in June JD wrote: "the boxed version will be released this fall in Russia, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.", referring to Deadalic, then he continued, "we are now negotiating also other regions." 

From that I think we can assume that some other publisher will be responsible for the English version.
Is there any new information about an English version? Specifically, is Amanita Design currently negotiating with any distributor to publish a boxed version in the United States? Just curious...
=o)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:56:40 am by Lamkin » Logged
anody
little robot

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:55:27 pm »

here's simple cover from Russian publisher:

"Incredibly warm atmosphere. Nobody makes anything like this nowadays" - igromania (Russian games magazine)
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 02:22:45 pm »

hi everybody interested in English boxed version,
we hope to publish some nice boxed special edition version in the future on our own probably, because it seems publishers (especially in US) are not interested in adventure games anymore.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 03:01:56 pm »

hi everybody interested in English boxed version,
we hope to publish some nice boxed special edition version in the future on our own probably, because it seems publishers (especially in US) are not interested in adventure games anymore.

What a shame... but LucasArts seems to start out again in this genre with Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition also Telltale.

EDIT:Renamed this thread to be more streamlined Wink
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:04:17 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: