Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:40 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug found while playing  (Read 22061 times)
mccartercar
citizen robot

« on: October 03, 2009, 10:03:09 am »

Love the game! Pre-ordered! Grin
While playing the second part, the robot jumped up into the air and grabbed the bar although the bar appeared higher up than what he was grabbing. This is only done when choosing a new game. Loading from resume into the level after having turned the dials renders him actually looking like he is grabbing the bar.
Picture BELOW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:13:36 am by mccartercar » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:33:40 am »

I can't reproduce this  Sad Did you try doing it several times to see if it is possible evry time?
mccartercar
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 11:07:45 am »

Yes I have tried several times. Each time I start a new game It has this effect. This was downloaded from fileplanet on 9/30/09. Filename: Machinarium-Demo-D2D.exe
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:27:37 am »

Did you try the official demo jd posted? I will give the D2D demo a try aswell.

EDIT: Could you list the steps starting from the point where he falls in the pit needed to get this bug?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:38:00 am by popsUlfr » Logged
mccartercar
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 11:21:42 pm »

I think I have figured out why I get this bug.
I never pressed the red button after changing the dials.
I only changed them and then tried to jump up ater changing them but didnt know I was supposed to push the button.
Yet it still acts as though Im allowed to grab it even though I didnt activate the sequence needed to readjust the bar.
EDIT: I knew what to change the dials to by playing the minigame and looking at the walkthrough. Then I simply changed the dials and didnt press the button and walked over where I was on top of the stairs and extended the robot and an arrow appeared for me to jump up and it let me, even though the pole still looked like it was set to 5-c.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:27:54 pm by mccartercar » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 11:31:56 pm »

Ah yes! I can confirm this too. If one puts the dials on the right values without pressing the red button you can still jump to reach the pole!
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 01:45:16 am »

Just curious, now that it is gold an you realize there is such a (little) bug, what do you plan to do?  While not being a huge company with a lot of ressources, will you try to look for possibly working on 'patches' or unless there is something major nothing will happen?

I don't think many will find this glitch so no really need to care but if another 1, 2 and 3 little bugs are found, will you release a new version?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 01:57:55 am »

Hmm...

Also, even if you have the pole in the correct spot to be able to jump up and grab it, you might then decide (for whatever reason) to change the settings of one (or both) of the dials—once again, without pressing the red button afterwards; if you do this you will be unable to jump up and grab the pole, even though it is, of course, still in its correct and reachable position.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:35:08 am by Lamkin » Logged
mccartercar
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 04:19:01 am »

@Rhialto  The game has gone gold?..sources? I was under the impression they were still testing and deciding which puzzles to leave in or take out.

@Lamkin Good observation.. So this shows that the one thing that controls whether or not the puzzle is solved is the position of the actual dials and not the rendering of the pole to or out of the correct hole. So it seems a simple movement of after the button press and check of the code would fix this.
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 10:52:38 am »

Machinarium will be released on the 16th so it has already gone gold. Takes at least 2 weeks for a game from 'finished' state to get to the shelves. We're not beta testing, we're playing the demo. There was no beta.

As for patches: Because the game is flash-based, the actual flash file for a particular map has to be fixed and replaced with the old one.

Nice find though Smiley
mccartercar
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 03:49:05 am »

Machinarium will be released on the 16th so it has already gone gold.

On October 7th from an interview with JD (http://www.pixelsocks.com/2009/10/07/interview-with-jakub-dvorsky-of-machinarium/), this line is quoted (below) stating that the game was still being worked on as far as choosing which puzzles were right to leave in or how to make them more understandable.

We're not quite done with the game yet, because we've realized from watching players at PAX that some parts are too hard or not clear enough.  However, it will be available on our website in the middle of October, and everyone who buys it directly from us will get the soundtrack as an archive of mp3s.  It will also be available on Steam, Direct2Drive, and GamersGate.
  **Moderator Note: I had to type the text in manually because mccartercar ran into the recent "disappearing text" bug***  (it tends to happen when one copy/pastes from formatted text, like the pixelsocks interview with JD)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:31:16 am by ABoretz » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: