Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:43:45 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October 9th 2009 Gamasutra interview with JD  (Read 8444 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« on: October 10, 2009, 07:06:42 am »

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25335

This is a very good interview with JD - possibly among the best I've read thus far.  My favorite JD quote from this was, "it must be funny to fail"   Cheesy

leanne
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:33:14 am »

very nice interview indeed!
one place left me thinking, about xboxes and pc-s well i am so glad that amanita is focusing on pc-s because me and none of my friends with whom we have been fans since we found the first samorost, or whom i have now dragged into machinarium, we don't know nothing about consoles and about games much in general. and so it seems for my eyes that the audience should still be much wider among people that have a pc, because i don't know anybody that hasn't got a pc and nobody that has got a playing console.
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:42:31 pm »

How did you kind of come in to your art style?

JD: It was a really long process for Machinarium because we knew that we wanted a new art style for this game. In our older games, we used collages for backgrounds. This time, we wanted more hand drawn, and we wanted to create a more handmade feeling for the game. And everything should be very organic because the game is about robots, so it's a contrast to it. Everything is very rusty and organic and hand drawn quite freely but with lots of details.
Bang on. This was indeed a great idea.
I love the last Q/A though:
Still impressive. It seems you've always been making games pretty much for yourself, independently, not inside of another company?

JD: Yeah, yeah. I don't like to be part of a huge machine, especially I don't like to have a boss.
Grin He's right. No walls, no restrains, you're free to create anything unique without other people telling you otherwise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: