Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:30 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Soundtrack  (Read 226499 times)
iLexor
little robot

« on: October 16, 2009, 04:58:30 pm »

I justed want to say, that I really like the soundtrack of this game. I also like the game very much and I played for a while now. Long enough to cross the path of the robot band. I helped them with their instruments and the began to play. I just thought that is some great stuff they are playing and I will listen to that on the soundtrack. Suddenly I was very dissapointed, because this song isn't on the soundtrack and I really can't understand why.  Cry
Anybody else dissapointed? Can someone tell me, why this song isn't on the soundtrack? Anyway we can get it?  Huh
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 05:12:52 pm »

I think it's no big secret to tell you that the files in C:\Program Files\Machinarium\11\ (by default) are actually .mp3 audio files. Just drag&drop them into Winamp to play. You can also change their extension from .000/.001 to .mp3 if you wish but this step isn't necessary.
Didn't have time to play the game yet but I'm pretty sure you'll find the track you're looking for among those files. Let me know if you need any more help.
justwes
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:39:34 pm »

Anybody else dissapointed? Can someone tell me, why this song isn't on the soundtrack? Anyway we can get it?  Huh
as soon as i got the band to play their tune i loaded up itunes to play that track and was also saddened that it was not among the soundtrack files.
tipleloop
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 10:32:38 pm »

Actually
C:\Program Files\Machinarium\11\01010001.001 (default)
was the song,
change the .001 to .mp3 but is not necessary

floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 01:32:42 am »

hi, actually i supposed some reaction like that Smiley
however when i was solving compilation of songs for the soundtrack, i found out that i can't put all the music there.
primary because i had feeling that some songs disturb flow of the music... for me it was  important to put together such selection of songs and in such order that you could really enjoy to listen to the soundtrack from the beginning to the end. that the soundtrack is well balanced...
these songs just didn't fit, they put different mood, or destroyed the "flow" of the listening, then it was better for me to omit them.
anyway it will be possible to get them somehow... soon or later, when the server is not so overloaded...
my idea is to put them as free bonus download from the blog...

tomas
iLexor
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 11:03:15 am »

thx for the info. i thought so anyway, nonetheless i was dissapointed about the song missing, even if the rest is also great. the flow of the music is there without doubt and you're right, the mood on the robot band song is a different, but that's the reason i like it so much.
However, looking forward to the release of the missing song(s) and thx for such a great game and soundtrack.  Grin
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:13 pm »

I understand those who bought the game direct from the website got the soundtrack in mp3 format as well ...? I bought it on steam, and I know all the songs are there in the game folder, but I was wondering is it possible to get the tracklist of the "offical" soundtrack so I can make a playlist with them in the "correct" order?
pbk
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

hi, actually i supposed some reaction like that Smiley
however when i was solving compilation of songs for the soundtrack, i found out that i can't put all the music there.
primary because i had feeling that some songs disturb flow of the music... for me it was  important to put together such selection of songs and in such order that you could really enjoy to listen to the soundtrack from the beginning to the end. that the soundtrack is well balanced...
these songs just didn't fit, they put different mood, or destroyed the "flow" of the listening, then it was better for me to omit them.
anyway it will be possible to get them somehow... soon or later, when the server is not so overloaded...
my idea is to put them as free bonus download from the blog...

tomas

Look forward to hear them.

Hey, Tomas. Can you describe a bit your creative process? What instruments and computer software do you use to compose and arrange your music? I am quite intrigued.

Regards.
deschain
little rusty robot

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 10:37:12 pm »

I too bought the game on steam, as did Steedus, and I am entirely unable to locate the soundtrack. Does the soundtrack not come with the steam version? Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: The Machinarium soundtrack is now available on STEAM<-link

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:27:56 pm by Alex » Logged
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 10:40:15 pm »

hi stedeus and deschain!
please check this:
http://machinarium.net/blog/2009/10/17/machinarium-soundtrack-independent-download/
Kjoene
little robot

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 10:53:43 pm »

Actually
C:\Program Files\Machinarium\11\01010001.001 (default)
was the song,
change the .001 to .mp3 but is not necessary

Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:59:38 am »

So we have to buy it? ... hmm  Undecided

Don't get me wrong, i'd pay money to get a physical CD copy, but if it's just mp3's i think i can make do with the files extracted from the game.
quickdrawmcgraw
little robot

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:04 am »

floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 10:42:54 am »

The thing is, that the songs are not totally the same comparing the music in game and the "standalone soundtrack". I have spent some extra time, to make the music work right on its own. Starting with simple stupid fact, that songs in game work as loop, but here it should be something what starts and ends.  Some songs don't differ in arrange and some do...  Mainly i was trying to add more rhythm, often there is little bit  different mix trying to make them more dynamical (which is actually something superfluous in game). . Also the whole soundtrack was professionally mastered in very good studio here in prague, we used some cool analogue equipment to make it sound right Smiley.
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 10:56:31 am »

Ahh ok, well if you've reworked it into more of a normal format that's cool. Still wish I had known about thi before I bought the game through Steam though ... oh well.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: