Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:10:35 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Soundtrack  (Read 226510 times)
iLexor
little robot

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:29 am »

The thing is, that the songs are not totally the same comparing the music in game and the "standalone soundtrack". I have spent some extra time, to make the music work right on its own. Starting with simple stupid fact, that songs in game work as loop, but here it should be something what starts and ends.  Some songs don't differ in arrange and some do...  Mainly i was trying to add more rhythm, often there is little bit  different mix trying to make them more dynamical (which is actually something superfluous in game). . Also the whole soundtrack was professionally mastered in very good studio here in prague, we used some cool analogue equipment to make it sound right Smiley.
As I listened to the ingame sound files I recognized that the soundtrack songs are different. Some "instruments" are louder and more developed. Will it be the same with the bonus songs? Or do you just put the ingame versions out?
Nassaurus
little rusty robot

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »

How do you convert the '000' files into mp3 files?
ivi
captain robot

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:33 pm »

Pretty much the same way as you'd "convert" .jpeg files to .jpg - by changing the extension Grin
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 04:36:33 pm »

How do you convert the '000' files into mp3 files?

First thing I'd do is make copies of the .000, .001, .002... files in a separate folder.  Then... quoting from
Re: Soundtrack "...You can also change their extension from .000/.001 to .mp3 if you wish..."

And, like ivi said, just rename them!  Your computer will warn you that doing so "may" cause them to become unstable, but you know what they are (.000, .001, etc.) and what you want them to be (mp3s) so you'll be fine.   Smiley

popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 05:11:59 pm »

Alternatively you can use the Windows command prompt. For XP Start > Run "cmd"; For Vista, 7 type in the search form of your Start Menu "cmd" and hit enter.
Voyage to your folder containing COPIES of the files in the "11" folder with "cd" or "D:" to get to another drive(change letter accordingly), finally type in "ren *.* *.mp3" and hit enter. All are renamed Smiley
izoong
citizen robot

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 04:17:45 am »

Not enough of Floex music ? try Pocustone ! (on his blog here : http://floex.cz/audio.html)
And on iTunes here (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=44206634&s=143442)
This is a great electro masterpiece !
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 09:11:18 pm »

So... the soundtrack is finally available.
Get it here: http://innerfx.ithinkmusic.com/my-store/detail.php?page=LR&r=9645
i will also create special post to announce this!

enjoy  Wink

tomas
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »

So... the soundtrack is finally available.
Get it here: http://innerfx.ithinkmusic.com/my-store/detail.php?page=LR&r=9645
i will also create special post to announce this!

enjoy  Wink

tomas

Great!
320 kb/s, huh? I wonder why we only got the 256 kb/s encoded MP3s  Roll Eyes  Tongue
I would love some FLACs though I will most likely get the box with CD Soundtrack.
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 09:45:28 pm »

hi,

i don't think there is difference really, and i am very sensitive to this matter Smiley. i would keep the same quality - 256 but the shop doesn't  allow me to do so... it is standard quality for "ithinkmusic" and that's the only reason.
actually i was little bit annoyed because i had to re-encode and re-tag the whole soundtrack  Grin

it is possible to buy cd with the boxed version of the game. it is of course the highest quality.

flac: it would be theoretically possible to sell flac, but then i think it could cause some complains by the people who get the music with the game where is not flac included. so i think it is fair like this!

i really think the quality of the mp3s is very high. i am the first who would take care if not!
the important think is:  there is difference between ingame music and the standalone soundtrack...
in rearrangement / mix / mastering and also quality (flash allows only 160kbs)
in other words it is not going to be the same experience as if you listen to the renamed songs from the game!

tomas
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:24 pm »

I understand. It's just that while being widespread, the format is showing its age. In the category of Lossy encoding Ogg Vorbis and AAC are far superior music compressors.
I'm not buying lossy encoded music over the web while I can get best quality audio in my local store for the same price, if not less.
Just my point of view Wink
Ulyasha Karp
captain robot

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 09:09:47 pm »

Tomas Floex, why is apsent on soundtracks opus played by musicians near the bar and music from radio in the well with a wrench??
 Sad Sad Sad
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:12:34 pm by ULYASHA KARP from BELARUS » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 09:21:46 pm »

Tomas Floex, why is apsent on soundtracks opus played by musicians near the bar and music from radio in the well with a wrench??
 Sad Sad Sad

Tomas' answer

Ulyasha Karp
captain robot

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:52 am »

...anyway it will be possible to get them somehow... soon or later, when the server is not so overloaded...
my idea is to put them as free bonus download from the blog...

tomas

TOMAS!!! It would be good to lay out or posted them in .FLAC !!!
mp3 must disappear and die
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:57:43 pm by Ulyasha » Logged
Ulyasha Karp
captain robot

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 11:30:28 am »

Hm...Angry Sad Undecided

I do not want to accuse you Tomas Flo  in parody or plagiary,
but I thought somewhere I had heard that something like this,
and honestly these soundtracks resembles the old well-forgotten -
The Irresistible Force - It's Tomorrow Already, Ninja Tune 1998

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:00:33 pm by Ulyasha » Logged
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 04:31:41 pm »

Hm...Angry Sad Undecided

I do not want to accuse you Tomas Flo  in parody or plagiary,
but I thought somewhere I had heard that something like this,
and honestly these soundtracks resembles the old well-forgotten -
The Irresistible Force - It's Tomorrow Already, Ninja Tune 1998

I know Irresistible Force and it has only two things common with Floexes work, it's electronic and it's ambient. You're an annoying little prick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: