Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:02:07 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done with the little red ball/gold key puzzle ?  (Read 25259 times)
FatMat
little robot

« on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:17 pm »

Ok. I'm currently playing the game. It's wonderful.
But there is a huge problem with the little red ball puzzle associated with the gold key. It took me half an hour to solve it, knowing what to do, but being unable to move the ball correctly. And I have a friend who's still trying to move this awful ball. This is frustrating and pointless.
I'm pretty disappointed since the game is absolutely beautiful but I sure won't be able to play it with my wife or kids because of this. I don't see how they will have the patience to do this.
FatMat
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:02 pm »

I just add that the only way for my friend to "solve" the puzzle was that i give him my own (lucky) save game... There is something really broken here. We both play on windows PC...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:53:55 pm by FatMat » Logged
Karlos
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:31 pm »

Playing it right now and...I just cannot do it. I managed to knock the key a bit closer with the red spore but I just cannot for the life of me push it to the second blowhole. Trying now for 30 min and losing patience/sanity.

Is it how it's supposed to be? With the big spore sometimes disappearing in the "floor"?

I don't really believe the puzzle should be that frustrating that soon in the game.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:03:19 am »

Oh, that puzzle. (I was trying to figure out which one FatMat was talking about.) I don't know, I didn't have much of a difficult time at all with it. *ducks* =op
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:13:56 am by Lamkin » Logged
lroid
little robot

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:07:34 am »

Same problem here. All magic and fun wasted because bad designed puzzle.
FatMat
little robot

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:14:11 am »

It's quite impossible to guide the spore. Maybe this is a bug related to screen size (60% or 100%) ? I don't know. When you push it from the bottom to the top, half of the time there is no effect and the ball goes down or worse is pushed to the bottom...

may I give a link to the save game I gave to my friend for the people who get stuck ?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:20:05 am »

may I give a link to the save game I gave to my friend for the people who get stuck ?

Yeah, absolutely.
Sorry it's not working well for you or others.
And just a reminder that I'm not one of the devs....I'm just a fan of Amanita Design. =o) If you want, you can e-mail them using the contact form at the bottom of this page: http://amanita-design.net/about.html Maybe it's a WIndows bug, I dunno. (I have a Mac.)

Edit: Just to note that the contact form is now here: http://amanita-design.net/contact.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:53:28 pm by Lamkin » Logged
FatMat
little robot

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 12:24:13 am »

Ok, here's the link : http://dl.free.fr/vvqbXQkXL

The saves are in the documents folder. There is only one save, done just after the gold key/red spore puzzle.
lroid
little robot

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 12:30:53 am »

Thx FatMat.
Karlos
little robot

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 12:39:24 am »

Ok I looked over on the GOG forum and ppl posted another solution - just change the window size to 60%. I just did that and the puzzle is actually wonderful. It just doesn't work with 100% window.

I only wonder if there are more broken puzzles like this further in the game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:45:33 am by Karlos » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 12:55:23 am »

Hmm...I'm playing with the window size at 100%, and I didn't have the problem. But I'm glad changing the window size to 60% fixed the problem for others as a temporary workaround.
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 11:00:33 am »

hey guys, sorry for this bug. sometimes (not very often) this minigame doesn't work properly. it should help to save the position an load it again, go out from the scene and then return or restart the game. of course we'll try to fix it as soon as possible and update the game.
Mariya
space invader

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:22:18 pm »

it's not the bug at all, guys ) here its needed not to touch red ball with mouse, but pushing it with air pressure (move mouse just under the ball to let it go the right direction) Wink
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

Mariya, I agree, it's mostly a matter of trial-and-error to find the best way to move the balls. But there is also a bug. My red ball disappeared from view, maybe it sank into the "bottom". I didn't realize it wasn't supposed to disappear after I'd used it once, so I struggled on.  Everything was okay after I'd restored a save.
Norah
little robot

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 08:17:26 pm »

I've given up on this puzzle.
Nothing worked (saving/loading, leaving area and coming back, resizing). I've looked at a video about it online, mine doesn't do anything like what it's supposed to do. But I have a feeling that even if it did, I wouldn't have the coordination required to solve it. Pretty disappointed all in all.

I don't really want to continue using someone else's save, but it seems like the only option (and thanks for providing the option, by the way!).
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: