Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:06 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck on the Band  (Read 37482 times)
cairnlae
citizen robot

« on: October 18, 2009, 12:23:18 am »

I got the oil drum....I got the bolts for the sax player...where in the world do I go to get the cat to scare the critter out of the digeradoo?!!!I keep reading the forum...Ive seen something about a bird on a wire(which I can't figure out) and mentions of the cat...Ive checked the walkthroughs in the game but the pics dont show me where to find cat or anything about the birds...HELP!!!
whonows83
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:37:56 am »

At the "church" go up left. there youll find a "ladder" robot which you can shift around a little...

the rest is stated in the book - wiggle your robot on the bridge up and down till the line breaks and the bird falls down. you have to complete the puzzle in the electric box, though - even with the missing part.
cairnlae
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 01:03:34 am »

yup...found the screen right after I posted this...whew!!!BUT...now I have the same problem as several others..cannot for the life of me get that bird to break the wire!!I'm standing in the position nearer to the electrical box(near center of bridge, at the suggestion of others...still no luck!!!)and just jumping up and down to no avail--ARRGGHH!!!!
Augment
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 01:09:36 am »

I found it to work the best when you do slow, "smooth" up/down movements with the mouse. Just think of the physics of it, and how an object under tension would break in the real world when an increasing amount of stretching is applied to it.
cairnlae
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 01:14:34 am »

oh absolutely..thats what Ive been trying..I watch the bird and try to get the momentum going but just can't..seriously..they should make it that hard?!LOL...someone send me a save game- Roll Eyes Grin
Ian
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 01:33:04 am »

walk to the space invader sign - move your robot up/down till line breaks

Spread the Word NOT the Game
cairnlae
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 04:24:10 pm »

hmmm..and others have said that I should be towards the middle of the bridge nearer the electrical box w/ puzzle...I have tried both...numerous times...Im ready to give up and uninstall the game- Im soooo frustrated that this is as far as I can get in what was up to now one of my favorite games ever!!!
Corex
little robot

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 05:11:23 pm »

The bot has to be fully extended and fully crouched when doin it, doin it half ways doesn't cut it.. Up, down, up down and the bird should copy you putting so much tension on the line it'll snap... Took like 2 seconds.
cairnlae
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »

LOL..Im starting to really resent those of you that it took seconds for... Tongue I fully extend...I fully go down...Ive done it quick..Ive done it slow...Im begging..if anyone has a savegame file right after this I would appreciate it!!!
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »

LOL..Im starting to really resent those of you that it took seconds for... Tongue I fully extend...I fully go down...Ive done it quick..Ive done it slow...Im begging..if anyone has a savegame file right after this I would appreciate it!!!

Do it even faster! Tongue I'm not a lucky person and I managed to get it within seconds. Do you play FPS games? Might give you some reflex training. No offense of course.

You will also notice the bird isn't imitating you in sync... Try to go faster in crescendo.
mopsgesicht
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 08:36:38 pm »

same spot, different problem:

after having solved the electricity riddle, got the missing card from the bird, have distracted the repair robot, have scared the cat....but the cat doesn't get electrocuted the way it says in the help-book (although the electricity is flowing in the broken cable)

am i missing something here?
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »

same spot, different problem:

after having solved the electricity riddle, got the missing card from the bird, have distracted the repair robot, have scared the cat....but the cat doesn't get electrocuted the way it says in the help-book (although the electricity is flowing in the broken cable)

am i missing something here?
The cable must be tied to the railing.
mopsgesicht
citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 08:59:53 pm »

Roll Eyes imple, yet effective  Grin Kiss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: