Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:17 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: you have not thought about the little things... unplayable on htc one s  (Read 12693 times)
alexandar320
little rusty robot

« on: December 18, 2012, 04:39:14 pm »

and you had so many simple solutions...  Sad  Huh
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:00:12 pm »

and you had so many simple solutions...  Sad  Huh

Please name one.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:48:36 am by Alex » Logged
randomstuff
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:40 am »

i am not sure whether the topic starter means it's unplayable because of the screen resolution, but i guess yes, so:

and you had so many simple solutions...  Sad  Huh

Please name one.

scrollable game screen? pinching zoom in-out?

how do you think every other application, webbrowser, everything else with higher full resolution runs on smaller displays?

i am also pissed
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:13:04 am by randomstuff » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:49:21 am »

Quote from: randomstuff
and you had so many simple solutions...  Sad  Huh

Please name one.

scrollable game screen? pinching zoom in-out?

how do you think every other application, webbrowser, everything else with higher full resolution runs on smaller displays?

Yes, you're right with regard to apps like webbrowsers etc.  But those apps aren't built using Flash.  They are hard-coded specifically to run on the Android platform using whatever programming languages & tools are native to the Android OS.

But Machinarium was originally built using Flash.  And the way I understand the development process is that Flash works like a layer cake: the backgrounds (painted by Adolf Lachman) went first and then the sprites (read: characters drawn by JD JP etc.) were layered on top of those backgrounds and the whole "cake" got melded together to create the completed scene(s) which, for some reason, are... is... not something you can "pinch to zoom".  Which is why there are clearly stated minimum screen resolutions for Android gizmos.  They just can't make it any smaller.

Like I said, there is a minimum screen resolution and your phone just doesn't meet those specs.

Look at it this way, do you really think that Amanita Design would willingly and consciously want to cut their games out of the hand-held market if they could otherwise meet the cravings of people like yourself?

No way!!  

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:17:29 am by Alex » Logged
randomstuff
little robot

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:13:12 pm »

those are really just excuses

actually, i work as a flash developer and flash has quite good and care free scaling capabilities. that's regarding to pinch and zoom.

and if that is not the selected option, it is very very simple to implement a drag and drop screen scroll in any flash application
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 01:08:35 am »

those are really just excuses

The best I could come up with on such short notice.   Grin

actually, i work as a flash developer and...

Splendid!  Say no more.  You should immediately contact Hothead Games (the company that ported Machinarium to the Android) and explain to them about the "good and care free scaling capabilities" they somehow missed...   Roll Eyes

randomstuff
little robot

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 06:53:49 pm »

wait, so is this the android support forum or not?

it really looks like some kind of fan based forum so far
are there even any developers reading users' problems?

where should i go?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »

wait, so is this the android support forum or not?

it really looks like some kind of fan based forum so far
are there even any developers reading users' problems?

where should i go?

Yes, this is a fan based support forum for Amanita Design games.  The developers seldom chime in (unless to say, "please be patient" or "sorry, no" ;~)  As for 800x480-pixel playability, that is not something we can assist you with.  I was joking around with you before but the fact is that Hothead Games were the folks that ported the game to the Android, so any beef you have with the lack of pinch 'n zoom functionality should be taken up with them.  If you ever hear back from them do let us know.

Cheers, ~A

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:48:08 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: