Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:18 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any plans for PS4 version?  (Read 51258 times)
Kuhaa
little robot

« on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:32 pm »

For the past week I've been toying with and idea of buying PlayStation 4. This would be my first console ever, but I'm a bit unsure if there are enough games on the platform that I want to play to make it worth it. Then it hit me - PS2 and PS3 were backwards compatible (at least to a point), so maybe I would be able to enjoy Machinarium on a big TV screen? Well, it turned out that hardware differences between PS3 and PS4 make it impossible to play PS3 titles on PlayStation 4, so I was wondering if Amanita Design has any plans to bring Machinarium to PS4? After all, the PS3 version of the game was praised, at least to my knowledge, and they have expanded to PS VIta as well, so they're certainly no strangers to PlayStation platform. I would really like to enjoy Machinarium on a console, but with a next-generation console around the corner I would rather not buy PS3 just to play it. Should I keep my hopes up?
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:59:31 pm »

I'm sorry to dissappoint you (and everyone else) but there aren't any information about machinarium for PS4.
And I also highly doubt that machinarium will be released for this console.

I don't think that Amanita Design has time to port machinarium to PS4, since they are working on Samorost3, and Machinarium2.
(currently only on Samorost3 I think.)

Releasing machinarium2 for the ps4 would be a better decision than making the first part of it for this console.
(My personal opinion)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 05:55:33 pm »

According to a Leap Day (29.2.2016) Article: "Machinarium might be coming to PS4", the answer is now,  "Yes... maybe."   Wink

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:18:23 pm »

Posted on: March 01, 2016  ...the answer is now,  "Yes... maybe."   Wink

Update: the answer is NOW!   Smiley

Release Date: Sep 21, 2016
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/machinarium

PlayStation Store $9.99

edit: New preview trailer
http://www.ps4trophiesgaming.com/video/machinarium-preview-trailer-ps4/

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:10:08 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »

"Machinarium celebrates its 7th anniversary today and at that occasion the game will be tomorrow released on PS4 in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East and Africa."

~source Amanita Design Facebook post

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

Machinarium avatars now also on #PS4 pic.twitter.com/ccHVelaFSL

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: