Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:50 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash at start  (Read 9353 times)
tigerlilian
little robot

« on: January 28, 2014, 11:55:22 am »

Hi,
I got to know this great game in a museum last saturday and immediately bought version 2 of it for my S2 smartphone Android 2.3.3.
Unfortunately, the game does not more than crashing (process air.net.machinarium.Machinarium.GP) when I try to open it.
If I got it right system requirement is Android 2.2 or higher.
Do you have any idea or hints how I can solve this?
Thanks and Regards
tigerlilian
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:57:09 am by tigerlilian » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:06:12 pm »

Quote from: tigerlilian
I got to know this great game in a museum last saturday

Cool!  Which museum was it?  (asking because the only museum exhibiting Machinarium that I know of is at The Museum of the Moving Image in NYC)

Unfortunately, the game does not more than crashing (process air.net.machinarium.Machinarium.GP) when I try to open it.

Try deleting and re-downloading the Machinarium app.

tigerlilian
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:46:25 am »

Hi Alex and others,
it's exhibited in the ZKM (^= Centre for Art and Media, http://on1.zkm.de/zkm/e/institute/medienmuseum) in the german city of Karlruhe.
I just re-installed the game (twice). After both tries it doesn't crash at start any more, but when I am asked to touch the screen to start it simply closes  Cry
What is strange is, that although in task manager it doesn't tell me it still would run, in the application management I still can force stopping it.
Any further ideas?
Thanks an Regards
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:58:44 am »

Thanks for the Karlruhe Centre for Art and Media link tigerlilian!  It's always exciting to see wherever our friends at Amanita Design are making waves on our small blue globe.   Grin  

As to your continued crashes, please try the latest Android release (2.0.03) and hopefully this current iteration will solve all your troubles.

~A
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: