Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:15 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: STILL HAVE WRENCH BUG  (Read 28053 times)
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« on: February 06, 2014, 08:30:35 pm »

I am having this issue too! [I only have two and while I love the game I cannot continue!]  Please help me.  (I just purchased the game on GOG last week btw)

ModComment: This thread was split off from a topic in the iPAD board because... it's not about an iPAD issue... A~)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:08:14 am by Alex » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:17:43 pm »

I am having this issue too!  Please help me.  (I just purchased the game on GOG last week btw)

So you're certain you've looked where each wrench is supposed to be: one on the pipes, one in the book, and one in the drain?

If you have and still find that one is missing, you could always download the .sol (save) file for that location (#13) from this thread: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1274.msg6092#msg6092
...and then replace it with your existing .sol file.
Instructions for finding the .sol file on a PC using Windows are here:
http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1097.0.html
Instructions for finding the .sol file on a Mac computer are here:
http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1095.msg5337#msg5337

Do that and load that first save slot...you'll start off in the sewer, and hopefully all wrenches will be present.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:21:05 am by Lamkin » Logged
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:32:12 pm »

Ok, I have made it to where I have renamed the sol file and am ready to want to replace it with the new saved game.  When I click on the link to do this I get a full page of data instead of a short link to input.  What am I doing wrong?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »

The whole process is a bit confusing, admittedly. You're wanting to replace the existing .sol file...the existing .sol file can be found here:
%AppData%\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{RANDOMWORD}\localhost\{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}\machinarium.exe\Machinarium.sol

Sounds as if you've done that already, yes? The replacement .sol file can be found by clicking the link after the number 13 on this page:
http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1274.0

So scroll down the page to location #13 and click where it says DrainageSewer....as it's a link that'll allow you to download the .sol file for that location.
Then replace the existing .sol file you found above with the newer DrainageSewer one you just downloaded.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:59:23 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:04:53 pm »

Yes, I am doing that but that is where I am having the issue. I have scrolled down to #13, click on the link and BAM a full screen of data.  I can copy and paste what that looks like if that will help, but it would take up a lot of space.  I checked the other links, they all do the same thing. I thought well maybe this is it, so I DID try to copy it and use that to replace the file (don't laugh) Smiley  Obviously this did not work. haha
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:07:46 pm »

No idea what's happening. I checked the links from my computer and they download fine. And I'm checking my file sharing site and everything looks okay there.
I'll attach the .sol file below, Michelle. Hope that works for you. Sorry that that is happening.

* Machinarium.sol (13.85 KB - downloaded 579 times.)
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 01:43:15 am »

Thanks, I appreciate your time, and I, along with you, have no idea why that is happening. So, that said, to the beginning I go.  Sad
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 01:45:30 am »

It's happening to that file you just downloaded?

Edit #1: Perhaps some text program on your computer is trying to open it??

Edit #2: Hrm. Well, I hope you're not missing a wrench this next time around. And if anyone has any answers as to why she isn't able to download the .sol file, please post below. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:07:44 am by Lamkin » Logged
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 02:06:36 am »

When I click on the recent one you sent me this is what I get.

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown
Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

Search the web

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 02:09:56 am »

So, are you attempting to open the .sol file? You don't need to open the file; you're just going to move it and replace the old file.
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10:13 am »

Oh, and then I get a list of sponsored sites that can help me open the file.  I would chose one, but not sure which is good, and which is waiting to inflict hours of virus torture into my life.
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:29 am »

Ok, let me try that.....one moment....lol
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 02:16:34 am »

Ok, let me try that.....one moment....lol

*waits patiently* :p
Michelle4155
citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 02:21:08 am »

You would think if you want to just "move" a file you could chose the option "move".  I guess that would be too easy. I don't have that option, and honestly I am getting frustrated and a bit embarrassed about how hard this is, when I know it really isn't. So, I give up.  All I can hope for, is that for future players, this won't happen to them, and they just play the game without going through all of this.  Thanks again, but I am an idiot apparently.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 02:32:26 am »

No, you're not an idiot.
For starters, I have a Mac and you have Windows, so that doesn't help... Any Windows users have a simple shortcut for Michelle so she can replace the file?

Edit: Are you able to click and drag the existing .sol file out of the open window?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:36:04 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: