Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:28:29 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boiler Room--Electric Wires [SOLVED]  (Read 12579 times)
MissM
little robot

« on: October 20, 2009, 03:52:58 am »

We're in the Boiler Room (level 4).  We've swung up onto the platform and opened the electrical box.  But no matter what combination of crossing and uncrossing the wires we use, nothing happens (like the far door opening, which we assume is the point).

Thanks,

MissM and Grandpa
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:07:46 am by Alex » Logged
ivi
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:57:55 am »

By correctly crossing those wires you will make the scoop change the direction in which it rotates around the boiler. When you've done that, get it to grab Josef one more time, and see where it takes you Wink

Mod comment: thanks ivi! Grin    @MissM, see the pics here - http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,3366.msg10018.html#msg10018

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:42:10 am by Alex » Logged
Kazel
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:59 pm »

Ok I found a walkthrough for the game, but for some reason I can't seem to get to the platform on the left. When the claw picks me up, all I can do is drop down. Am I missing something? Please help!
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 02:41:31 pm »

You have to set this sequence of actions in the control box: spin - catch - spin

The first spin of claw give you enough time to get into the cart from your position (you have to reduce height to increase your walking speed)
The claw catch you and picks you up
On the last spin, the claw swing a bit on the left giving you the chance to jump on the platform.

Once there, you have to cross the wires (only one couple of wires), this action reverse the spin of the claw and so you can jump into the pipe on the right.

Sorry for my english Tongue
seekandfind
little robot

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 10:16:28 am »

I can't seem to get back to the cart fast enough.  Embarrassed I realise that I have to shrink back to normal size to increase speed, but the actual shrinking takes ages; I've got a macbook ( i. e. no mouse) maybe that is the problem? Or am I missing something? I really dislike it when you suddenly have to do things fast in a point and click-game...  Cry

Edit: OK, I adusted hardware acceleration and maybe that was it, because now I managed to get the robot back to normal size, and then the rest was a breeze. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:46:20 am by seekandfind » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: