Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:41:03 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor Bug: Radio controlled oil platform can only be directed in one direction  (Read 22854 times)
disillusioned
little robot

« on: October 21, 2009, 11:32:34 pm »

[SPOILERS!]
This appeared to me to be a bug. I'm still playing the game and trying to avoid spoilers, so sorry if this has been addressed, but when you move the crates and then get up into the control room for the oil platform, if you send it anywhere but where it needs to go (near the dog), you can't move it again. I had to load an earlier saved game to get it to move to the right spot.

Can anyone confirm this?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 12:22:03 am »

If you send the oil reservoir back so that it's sort of wedged in between those two grayish structures, I believe you then will only be able to maneuver it out of that spot by moving it in one direction (i.e., straight south). Might this be what had happened to you?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:31:38 am by Lamkin » Logged
disillusioned
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:34:54 am »

The way it happened, once I sent it straight back, it refused to go anywhere else. The button wouldn't even fully depress, if that makes sense. I reloaded and tried to send it to me. This also resulted in my being unable to direct it anywhere else. Reloaded a final time and pointed it towards the dog.
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:32 pm »

The way it happened, once I sent it straight back, it refused to go anywhere else. The button wouldn't even fully depress, if that makes sense. I reloaded and tried to send it to me. This also resulted in my being unable to direct it anywhere else. Reloaded a final time and pointed it towards the dog.
You have to get it BACK to the center before you move it anywhere else. Which means you got to point the compass in exact opposite direction than the one you used to get it where it currently is.
disillusioned
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 04:19:04 am »

You have to get it BACK to the center before you move it anywhere else. Which means you got to point the compass in exact opposite direction than the one you used to get it where it currently is.

It's definitely exhibiting that behavior now, but you have to understand, I systematically tried EVERY direction and it wasn't able to return. The play button was "depressing" but it wasn't clicking. It doesn't depress on other directions once it's been moved somewhere usually.
machinejam
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:22:06 am »

[SPOILERS!]
This appeared to me to be a bug.
(edit: somehow this post wasn't shown like I meant it to first time around
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:20:47 am by machinejam » Logged
machinejam
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:12 am »

I'm sorry that I have to post this again, but somehow my previous post is not shown how I typed it in so:

[SPOILERS!]

At first I thought the oil tank-problem was a bug too,
BUT
by now I think these "problems" are owing to the rather solemn approach of the programmers to the game.
Machinarium is weird in so many ways, and it seems, that in this game it's expected of us to solve the riddles in a straight way. For instance I got myself stuck in the room with the big oven, just in the beginning, because I screwed up the wires in a way that my robot couldn't be picked up anymore. So I had to replay this picture.
Amanita seems to have a rather strict understanding of fairness. They provide us with puzzles which are solvable only by trial and error and a bit of good observation. They even give a fair bit of hints (bulb) and solutions (play2open-handbook).
And therefore they seem to expect clean solutions.
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 02:40:14 pm »

I'm sorry that I have to post this again, but somehow my previous post is not shown how I typed it in so:

[SPOILERS!]

At first I thought the oil tank-problem was a bug too,
BUT
by now I think these "problems" are owing to the rather solemn approach of the programmers to the game.
Machinarium is weird in so many ways, and it seems, that in this game it's expected of us to solve the riddles in a straight way. For instance I got myself stuck in the room with the big oven, just in the beginning, because I screwed up the wires in a way that my robot couldn't be picked up anymore. So I had to replay this picture.
Amanita seems to have a rather strict understanding of fairness. They provide us with puzzles which are solvable only by trial and error and a bit of good observation. They even give a fair bit of hints (bulb) and solutions (play2open-handbook).
And therefore they seem to expect clean solutions.

When you screw the crane the wires disconnect at one place on body of the boiler followed by electric sparkle. You can cross them again in that place and make the crane work. There is NO dead end in machinarium.
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:29 pm »

It's definitely exhibiting that behavior now, but you have to understand, I systematically tried EVERY direction and it wasn't able to return. The play button was "depressing" but it wasn't clicking. It doesn't depress on other directions once it's been moved somewhere usually.
Well either you unintentionally skipped some direction or it's really a bug. I wasn't able to replicate it though.
machinejam
citizen robot

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 01:25:21 am »

Quote from: madeye
When you screw the crane the wires disconnect at one place on body of the boiler followed by electric sparkle. You can cross them again in that place and make the crane work. There is NO dead end in machinarium.
Well, think about that!
True
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: